Greetings from Rapid City

Started by wyodeb, August 17, 2005, 08:01:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thanks for all the good wishes. We got here late last week, but our stuff didn't arrive until this Monday. We've finally fought our way through the majority of the boxes. The kids have their rooms unpacked, and I did the kitchen. Our old house had much more kitchen storage. I keep finding boxes marked "kitchen," but I've officially run out of space. We also don't have any built-in bookshelves, so I guess shelving is the next order of business. One whole room is full of boxes marked "books." Readers shouldn't marry readers and beget other readers!

My teenaged daughter couldn't stand being incommunicado any longer, so we got the computer put together this afternoon so she could check her email and instant message her friends. The kids are doing pretty well, but they really miss their friends!

Bunnies are in their new cage (we couldn't move their big wooden hutch). Idgie (the lab) is snoring at my feet. I think Arthur (the Scottie/Lab) is watching TV with his kids. Casey (kitty) is still exploring the house. The guinea pig has been settled in the girls' room.

I practiced with the Worship Team on Saturday, but haven't played guitar since. I'm hoping to get mostly done, so I can sit down and play for awhile.

Hugs to all of you. You have been missed!!

Deb
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

welcome back.
Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519

Ah the insanity of box's is almost over.Welcome to your new home.Give the kids and Wilbur hugs and kisses from there unclrob.And a big hug to you.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Great to have you settled in and back with us. -_-
Rob Hanesworth

'91 Larrivee JB-09 with Sitka top/Indian Rosewood back and sides (12-fret 00 size)

Taylor GA7 -- Alvarez AP 70

Glad to hear you & family made the trip without incident and are settling in there OK.

welcome back deb.  hopefully your kids will like their new school and make new firends quickly

Larrivee 0-09K Koa/sitka
Seagull S6+CW Folk
Goodall Parlor

Hey Deb! We've I've missed you and your posts. Welcome back.

A Scottie/Lab? That must have taken some major cooperation!
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

Welcome back, Deb.

Quote from: dbirchett on August 18, 2005, 10:17:40 AM

A Scottie/Lab? That must have taken some major cooperation!

^_^ ^_^ ^_^
Jerry  #698

2001 Larrivee D-09
2001 Seagull M-6
1992 Alvarez 5040
c. 1995 Yamaha CG-150CA
1998 A&L Ami

Welcome back Glad to hear the settling in is going good.  :GRN>

Glad to hear you're finally there Deb, and getting settled.
Brian M.

Welcome back and to your new home. Ain't moving fun? We have been in our house for 18 years and there are still four boxes down in the basement that have never been unpacked :SHK> I guess we don't use whatever is in them very often!!
Larrivee L03-R
Larrivee OM-09 12 Fret
Larrivee D02
Martin HD-28V
Martin D12X1
Fender Blacktop

cograts on the safe arrival.
jeff

Larrivee 00-03MT Forum IV  #30 of 29

Thought of you as I was driving through Buffalo, Gillette, Spearfish and Rapid City on Tuesday. Shoulda called.....
LV-10 45th anniversary
LV-10 Tambourine Lady
OM-10BZ
D-10
OO-03MH
13th Fret Limited Edition Koa Parlour
B-02 bass

D-02 (my baby's 16th birthday present-and now he's 27!)

other assorted: Yamaha, Epiphone dot, Johnson resonator, La Patrie classical

Kinda thought you were missing for a while.  Wyoming IIRC to SD??  You like the cold weather states like me.  I couldn't live down south, the heat (esp humidity) kills me.  C'mon nice cool fall weather.  Check out "When Fall Comes To New England" by Cheryl Wheeler.  Hope you enjoy your new locale!