Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A good story:  (Read 842 times)
J-Max

Ignore
« on: August 08, 2005, 10:52:48 PM »

Disclaimer: The information presented below is to the best of my knowledge a true story.  I believe the person who shared this story with me, though I will not claim that it is fully 100% accurate.  That being said....

So a friend of mine used to live in Nashville (this a while ago) just happened to have a young lad in his church who wanted nothing more than to become an excellent guitar player.  His father bought him a cheap starter guitar and told him that if he became any good at all on his own then he would buy him a nicer guitar and get a decent instructor for him as well.  Well the kid got pretty good, so the father complied with a nicer guitar and a solid instructor.

Well, the teenager became extremely good at playing the guitar and his teacher continued to teach him as much as possible.  A few years later the teacher pulled him and his parents aside and said, I'm sorry, but there's nothing more I can teach him.  They asked if he could refer their child on to somebody else and he said that he could only think of ONE person in Nashville that this boy could learn any more from...so he gave the boy this guys home phone number and said to give him a call.  The phone number was none other than the home phone number of Phil Keaggy.  Needless to say, Phil invited the kid (probably an adult by now in the story) over once a week to 'jam' with him and about 6-12 other guitar players.

Now isn't that a great story.
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2005, 01:06:25 AM »

I believe it.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
12barBill

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2005, 12:57:39 PM »

So who is the kid (who is now an adult)?

As Paul Harvey says, "And now for the rest of the story."
arsenic

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 06:04:59 PM »

I want to say I've heard something similar before. But my addled memory is suspect at best. Neat story tho!

Ron

Ron

Larrivee Forum Guitar #2/17 (For Sale)
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - For Sale

Everything must go.
J-Max

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2005, 09:53:23 PM »

So who is the kid (who is now an adult)?

As Paul Harvey says, "And now for the rest of the story."

I just can't answer that...but if I ever find out I'll be sure to let you know
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: