Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Visual Sound H2O Liquid Chorus and Echo  (Read 922 times)
LookingForLarri

Ignore
« on: July 29, 2005, 05:15:33 PM »

I'm looking to add a little echo and chorus to my acoustic sound ( My amp has no effects ) and was wondering if anyone had experience with this pedal and an acoustic guitar ?   If not the H20 what echo / chorus would you recommend ?

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor
MJG

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 01:09:54 AM »

I don't know how it sounds with an acoustic but a couple people that I know have them and love them for electric guitar use.  After looking into it, if I start playing electric regularly, this would be on the list.

Mike <><
sunburststrat

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2005, 09:17:20 AM »

I just bought a Boss Chorus CH-1 for my electric on ebay, but I'm soooo impressed with the way it makes my Larrivee (LV-03RE) sound.   I like it so much, I'm going to order a quiet power supply for it so I can leave it on most of the time.   

sunburststrat

Larrivee LV-03RE, Martin 000-17S
Collings 000-1A, Collings 0M-2HG
National Radiotone
Fender Amer Strat (sunburst), Ibanez AS-200
guitaradoptions
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 11:51:41 AM »

For a Chorus, I would recimmend the Retreo-Sonic Chorus Ensemble.
For Echo, go with the DLS EchoTap.

Brad166

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 12:55:59 PM »

I have one of these H2O's. I use it for my electrics and love it. I went through a few delay boxes before I finaly settled on this one. Its a great effect all the way around. Sounds very organic for a digital delay if that makes any sence to you. The chorus is great too!! But iv never tried it with an acoustic.

2011 Larrivee D-03R JCL
2011 Fender American Stratocaster
LookingForLarri

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 02:49:53 PM »

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm still undecided at this point.  I'm doing the usual Harmony Central and Manufacturers web page scans trying to get a cyber feel for the H2O/BOSS. 

Those two pedals you recommended Dave look outstanding but a little out of my price range since the Northwood I bought from Jason arrives TODAY  :GRN> :GRN>

I guess one question that I still have is, given that amps come that are built especially for acoustic or electric guitars, are effects pedals the same ? I mean I've heard that an electric amp cannot cover the entire spectrum of an acoustic so you must get an acoustic amp. So does the same apply to effect pedals or do they merely effect whatever  range of signal comes throught them  :huh:   

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor
sunburststrat

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2005, 11:43:23 AM »

Dude whatcha doing on this site without a Larrivee!  I'm joking.  I relealized your username already answered the question.  But it is interesting that your Martin 000C-16RGTE was the other guitar I tried and considered before getting my Larrivee LV-03RE.

I love the Larrivee.  It's my main guitar now.  But right after I got it, one of the guitar mags gave your Martin a rave review.  I've got a Martin too, a 000-17S.  I'm so enthusiatic with having a pickup in the Larrivee that I may add one to the Martin.  Your Martin got a lot of points for its electronics.

sunburststrat

National Radiotone
Blzman

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2005, 12:02:17 PM »

I have a Visual Sounds H2o Liquid Chorus/Echo pedal. I actually endorse them and one of my sound clips can be heard in their MP3 page on their website.  I use it primarily with my electric guitars BUT I have also used it with my Acoustic as well as my keyboards.  My harmonica player uses one running his mic through his on to the PA (dry signal side) and his amp. I would suggest that you contact Visual sounds directly to see about purchasing one of the older models, that they may still have available, (they made some minor modifications  to the new ones last year). Hope this information helps you out. I have an acousitc recording done with the H2o I will send you if you would like to hear it as well.
Bill
LookingForLarri

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2005, 04:45:17 PM »

Dude whatcha doing on this site without a Larrivee!  I'm joking.  I relealized your username already answered the question. 

Sun- Look close at my sig and you'll see I found one Larri already. The Forum II but I am always gassing for another

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=6383.msg54896#msg54896

I do love the Martin even after the great micarta debate of 2004  :GRN>

Blzman - Thanks for the info. I wil definately check out your clips on the VS site.  You mention trying to buy one of the older models from VS. I was curious as to why you suggest that.  Is it for a $$ savings or better sound ?  Is the old pedal better is some way than the new one ?

I would really appreciate the clip of your acoustic and the H2O. 

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor
sunburststrat

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2005, 07:26:31 AM »

Sun- Look close at my sig and you'll see I found one Larri already. The Forum II but I am always gassing for another

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=6383.msg54896#msg54896
I didn't recognize that model.  I'm not familiar with all their guitars.  But I just checked your link.  Nice guitar!  Looks like my Martin.  And looks like an enthusiastic musician in the making there.

I do love the Martin even after the great micarta debate of 2004  :GRN>
My 000-17S has a micarta fretboard and bridge.  I'd be curious to learn more about that "debate".

Now, the 000-17S is a mahogany 12-fret and is definitely modeled after their guitars from the 1930s, so micarta to me, is just plain wrong from an aesthetic perspective.  What were they thinking!?! 

I was somewhat relieved to discover that micarta is a wood product, a mix of wood and some binder or goo or something.  The other thing I was told (I believe my Martin, because I definitely asked the factory), was that micarta is an expensive material, more than rosewood.  I thought, OK, that sounds right in a guitar that listed for $1850, if I remember right.  But then I saw the damn stuff on one of their cheap ½ size guitars.  So, now I don’t believe them.  I think the 000-17S should have rosewood, even if it’s cheaper than micarta, because it would look more authentic to the period.  OK, I’ll stop my micarta rant now.

sunburststrat

[attachment no longer available]

National Radiotone
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: