Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dropped my Maglite on my guitar!  (Read 792 times)
laughingskunk

Ignore
« on: August 07, 2005, 08:57:52 PM »

Glad it was the CA- it just bounced off. Did scare the wife and cat though. I was grabbing my backpack to go to work and the zipper came undone. Out came all my books and my big ole police issue Maglite flashlite. Must of fell close to 3 feet onto the soundboard of the guitar. Thought was going to have a heart attack,but scanned the entire area, not a single scratch I could find. Sometimes you get lucky! Patrick

CA Bluegrass Performer, Larrivee D-02 (sapele),  Martin LXK2 \"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane"
retrow

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 10:21:06 PM »

Phew! Glad all is well.
12barBill

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 01:04:25 PM »

I guess the CA continues to have advantages, in more ways than one, but not a mark? That was lucky.

By the way Patrick, what did you think of the CDs I sent you?
laughingskunk

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 01:34:20 PM »

Loved both of the CDs Bill. Thanks again.  They are in heavy rotation in my car on the way to work. Go back and forth between which I like best-theres something about an artist solo, but the band also lends that extra zip to the songs-fleshes them out. Did u tape that show from the radio, or where you there? Inquiring minds want to know. Patrick

CA Bluegrass Performer, Larrivee D-02 (sapele),  Martin LXK2 \"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane"
12barBill

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2005, 02:10:36 PM »

They were both professionally recorded live in the studio at the Record Plant in Sausalito, CA. That's a radio station that had musicians and bands come in, mostly in the 1970's, I think, and do a live in studio show and they would record it to play on the air. The tapes have "escaped" over the years and been bootlegged around. There is a Marshall Tucker Band live at The Record Plant that I would love to have.

Glad you liked the Buffett Record Plant recordings. I think they are great too. A little piece of history for us fans of "early Buffett".
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: