What Type Of Electric Do You Play...if Any?

Started by sc morris, March 19, 2004, 02:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have a few electrics that might be of interest:

Rickenbacker 360/12 JG -- w/12-saddle bridge and a custom, re-spaced nut.

Fender Tele with Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates HB in the neck position and a Seymour Duncan Alnico II SC in the bridge position. Fierce.

TEO Octave-12 mando-guitar-- The 18th built. It's a short-necked, short scale 12-string; tuned like a guitar, but has the pitch of a mandolin. It's the designated Secret Weapon.

Guild Manhattan X-170 with Bigsby added.

Fender American Strat with vintage noiseless pickups.

Don
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

Epiphone Sheraton II w/ Seymour Duncan '59s

I own 6 nice acoustics, but about 6 months ago on impulse I bought my first electric on eBay... a mint discontinued Washburn BT-2 electric for $80 after shipping.  It has been a really fun little guitar for cheap and my kids live playing it too.

Nothing fancy, but it's really nice for cheap. Compact little guitar.

QuoteSCR378,

How do you like the Nashville Tele?  I've been looking at those recently.
Hi Zach Sorry for the late response I really like it the only thing I'm thinking about changing is the pups it has the fishman powerbridge in it as well and when it was working it was good.Here's the pups I'm thinking of putting in it

yep they are the TBH60-6 - Twinblade Humbuckers - cream and black

here's the link to them

http://www.carvin.com/products/part.php?It...mNumber=TBH60-6

Have you heard them yet?  Just wondering because the Carvin pickups I've heard were not that great.  Maybe these are better.

Zach

I've heard them from the jam room at the carvin site and I think a few of the guys on the bbs there has some sound clips. They sounded good to me.

here's the jamroom sound clips

http://www.carvin.com/jamroom/rooms/bolt-tbh.html

QuoteHave you heard them yet?  Just wondering because the Carvin pickups I've heard were not that great.  Maybe these are better.
I use Carvin pup's exclusively in my 2 Frankenstrats....I love them.  

Those crummy soundclips on the Carvin website are a joke compard to the real deal.  
"I would never join a club that would allow me to be a member"
 Groucho Marx

Larrivee D-03 Blackwood w/ K&K Pure Western

Cool tele JohnM2001  :D

So sc morris do you have any good sound clips I can hear  :D  :lol:  

Thanks!  Heres my other tele.  
D-02E

QuoteHolly cow!!!  

Is that couch REAL leather??? :huh:
ROTF  :D LMYAO!
I <3 POW

G&L Asat Clasic left hand
better than a fender tele... (my opinion)
Saint-Brieuc (France)
Larrivée OM-09 LH  /   Avalon L25 LH  / Seagull S6 LH  / Mandolin Paul Doyle

G&L ASAT Classic Thinline, Left Handed.  And I agree with you Wilfried.  Also, a Hamer Newport semi-hollow, left handed.

I play a Brian Moore i1 Natural, Brian Moore i91.13 Synth. Ready & a Fender Super Deluxe Strat.

A sidenote on my Strat...I know Mexican Strats get knocked a lot but honestly, I dont see nothing wrong with this particular Strat. This one stays in tune (longer than my Standard American one did) for a good amount of time. It plays nice, good action. The Fat Strat Super single coil pickups are excellant, with 7 variations. Infact this one is so nice it came with it's own green card  ;)

David