Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What Type Of Electric Do You Play...if Any?  (Read 6869 times)
riffdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2004, 04:26:26 AM »

HangFire, extremely jealous here...

1) 1955 Gibson ES-225T (my baby)
2) PRS McCarty Soapbar, RW neck, 10 top, tortoiseshell
3) Gibson Les Paul Standard in honeyburst
3) Gibson Les Paul Deluxe in wine red
4) older Gibson Les Paul Studio in HCB
5) Fender Strat w/Tom Anderson pups in 3TS
6) Fender/D'Aquisto Standard (ca. '83)
7) mid-seventies Ibanez ES-175 copy
8) Epiphone Les Paul Studio in HCB
9) Raven doubleneck
10) Hamer Californian (27 frets, Floyd Rose)
11) Yamaha RX-something
12) Ibanez Silver Bullet

7 thru 11 was pretty much my high school collection. I've come a long way.
sc morris

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2004, 05:21:38 AM »

Riff....

What an amazing collection!!!  I would love to own a PRS Soapbar model one of these days.  Those are such nice guitars. Man, I would hate to come to your house on string changing day!! :blink:  Just curious.  With that many guitars, do you use different strings on each one, or all the same strings on all of them?

"I would never join a club that would allow me to be a member"
 Groucho Marx

Larrivee D-03 Blackwood w/ K&K Pure Western
HangFire
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2004, 09:55:44 PM »

Nice stable riffdaddy! :o  

2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2
-CM-

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2004, 11:12:59 PM »

Here's mine:

High res version here.

From left to right, front row:
'03 Anderson T Classic, Translucent Butterscotch
'03 PRS Hollowbody II, Royal Blue flame, double 10, birds, piezo
'03 PRS Custom 22, Purple Quilt, Artist Package
'03 Carvin AE185-12, Tobacco burst quilt, lotsa options
Middle Row:
'03 PRS Swamp Ash Special, Vintage Cherry
'03 Anderson Hollow Drop Top, Fire Burst flame
'02 PRS Custom 22 Soapbar, Ruby Red, one-piece top, birds, gold hardware
Top Row:
'03 Carvin Bolt-T, Tobacco Burst
'03 PRS Custom 24, Tortoise flame, Artist Package
HangFire
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2004, 11:49:07 PM »

Holly cow!!!  

Is that couch REAL leather??? :huh:

2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
sneaky
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2004, 02:24:20 AM »

the collection ebbs and flows so some of these are gonme while others have been added and not pictured here...
http://w1.422.telia.com/~u42235727/sneaky.htm
sc morris

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2004, 05:15:04 AM »

Sneaky.... Very nice collection you have.  Nice, rare stuff at that.  Seymour Duncan guitar??? Never seen one of those. And what in the world is a Baccus??? Never heard of it.  What's the story on it.  The Charlie guitar looks killer, as does the Jap. Strat.  Very nice.  

Groucho Marx

sc morris

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2004, 05:17:15 AM »

CM....

First, whatever you've been slipping in your wife's drinks to get her to let you buy all those guitars....I want some!! Wow, what a nice collection. I am a HUGE Carvin fan and really love their stuff. My 2 Franken-Strats are equipped with the Carvin pup's.  Really hot pup's. Best bang for the buck IMO.  

Groucho Marx

HangFire
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2004, 05:40:15 AM »

Sneaky,

Great Seymour Duncan Strats!

Where did you pick those up from?

:huh:

2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
HangFire
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2004, 05:47:32 AM »

-CM-

Love that flame maple... :P  

2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
riffdaddy

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2004, 07:21:08 PM »

Riff....

What an amazing collection!!!  I would love to own a PRS Soapbar model one of these days.  Those are such nice guitars. Man, I would hate to come to your house on string changing day!! :blink:  Just curious.  With that many guitars, do you use different strings on each one, or all the same strings on all of them?
I don't know how I forgot this:

13) Danelectro U2

Each guitar gets the set of strings that best suits it. It goes something like this:

DR HiBeam .011's: all three Les Pauls
Elixir Nanoweb .011's: PRS, Strat, Yamaha, Hamer, Epi
Ernie Ball RPS Power Slinky .011's: Dano
D'Addario 1/2 Round .012's: ES-225
Dean Markley Flatwound .012's: D'Aquisto

The doubleneck gets Elixirs on the 6-string side and whatever I can find on the 12. I'm going to try a set of 12-string flats on it next. The Silver Bullet doesn't get played anymore. I'm keeping it to give to my brother or nephew, whichever one gets serious first.

BTW, I don't have a string-changing day. I'd shoot myself or sell half the collection, neither of which seems like a good solution. I change strings about two or three weeks after I should--a bad habit, but one which probably applies to 90% of the participants on this forum also.

While I'm at it, I'll give you my electric daydream list:

1) Valley Arts Model T
2) Gretsch Country Classic Jr. (6122JR)
3) PRS Custom 22/12
4) PRS McCarty
5) Music Man Axis
6) Steinberger w/Trans-Trem
7) Gibson CS-356 w/Bigsby
8) a dozen more Les Pauls
9) a dozen more PRS's

Donations accepted.
sneaky
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2004, 02:02:11 AM »

Seymour has a line of guitars here in Japan made in conjunction with ESP. The white tele is one piece swamp ash with Duncan Antiquities... real nice guitar. The otheres are from the Traditional line, priced lower than Fender USA`s Standard line here but better built in my opinion. I have since added another from the high end line, a strat in see through vintage white, unbelievable, Leo would be proud.
Van Zandt also has  a line of guitars in japan, that 3 tone burst on the site is one of 5 made with a rosewood fingerboard, it was a limited run of 30 all together but 25 have maple boards. These guitars are better than Feder USA`s custom shop, I base that on the CS`s I have. Gimme a VZ anyday, all nitro finish, their pick-ups, best wood available, and US electronics and built with attention to detail that would make Fender blush.
Joe Barden has his own line here too... but made with USA custom guitar bodies and necks.
I don`t think you`ll be seeing these makers Stateside due to the exact reproductions of the headstocks,unless changes are made to the shapes.
All of these can be had for good prices, relatively speaking, through the Ishibashi site, just look in the U-Box... but when they do appear it`s usually for a short time as they go quickly. The black Duncan in the pic is now living in Sweden.
Bacchus make some very fine clones of strats, teles, and Les Pauls. parent company is Deviser here in Japan. I own quite a few of theirs and all are really well made, great playing and great sounding guitars... though I have swapped pick-ups in most for Duncans or VZ`s. Among the Bacchus I have are the Charley, a Muddy Waters tele and a reproduction of SRV`s #1 minus the pickguard with his initials as featured on the Fender USA model. Again, used these are bargains.
HangFire
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2004, 04:33:19 AM »

I was in Yokohama Nov. & Dec. 03 and saw some awesome Strat reissues.  I agree the Japanese really do the reissues justice.  I'd love to have a stable of them one of these days.  (One of each color please...) B)  

2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
sneaky
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2004, 07:54:30 AM »

right... I mentioned juat a few. Seems there are more and more high quality makers these days in Japan. igh quality and priced accordingly... thats why I haven`t bought a new guitar for asking price in a lont time. I either get used or wait for the big sales every couple of times a year. Sometimes if a guitar has been hanging in a shop for a while it gets reduced to move and thats when I pounce.
johnlg

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 06, 2004, 02:22:21 AM »

1.  Les Paul Special - Black
2.  Strat Standard -- White  Duncan Hot Rails equipped
3.  Tele Standard - Tobbaco Burst
4.  Tele Deluxe with P-90's - Blonde
5.  Epi Les Paul Jr - Silver
6.  Fender Squier P-Bass - Red - Duncan Hot P-Bass equipped

HEY RIFF, that PRS P-90 guitar, is that one of the brand new models as pictured in Guitar World last month?????   What a looker.  Please commenmt if it is.  My Tele Deluxe is one of the new models that Fender is loading with Duncan Design P-90's, it's my favorite electricright now.  P-90's are great.

Carry On!

John
trivial

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2004, 04:09:50 AM »

I used to try to be a strat man... maybe if I could find a nice hardtail model that I liked.  Currently I have settled on a 90's MIA Fender Thinline Tele (natural with tortoise shell binding) and a PRS McCarty goltop with solid rosewood neck.  Gets the job done for me.

-Matt
mjvincent

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2004, 01:05:46 PM »

:o   Everyone has so many guitars... Well being the poor man that I am, alas, I have only one.  It is an ESP 100 qm which is based on the Les Paul design.  Sounds pretty good, but I am sure I am not using it to its capabilities.  And my church leader hasn't decided that they like the electric in worship.  I am sure when my abilities increase I will be able to demonstrate its uses to them more efficiently...

;)  

Mike Jones

Larrivee D-03R
K&K Pure Western P/U
Seagull S 12+
Ultrasound Ag30P
ESP EC 100-QM
Webstrings Lights
G-Man777

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 19, 2004, 01:30:24 AM »

Right now I'm playing a Fender Super Deluxe Strat. I have a GK-2A pickup installed since I use Rolands's VG-88 & GR-33. However I will soon be purchasing a Brian Moore i813.  :D  
kwakatak
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: April 19, 2004, 04:51:27 AM »

I have a beautiful 1999 American Standard Fender Stratocaster that I just love to look at. It was a wedding present from my wife. It's finish is "Natural Ash" which is basically just a clear coat over a beautiful solid-wood body. I had the store swap in a neck with a rosewood fretboard and they set it up for heavy guage strings. My wife was being overly generous because she also sprang for a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - tube driven, not solid state. I can only plug it in and play when the wife's not home because that sucker is LOUD!

My other electric is a Kramer Striker that I bought in Jacksonville, FL when I was in the service. It's semi-retired because it's a relic from my heavy metal listening days.

Neil

2009 Martin D-16GT

2006 Larrivée OM-03R

1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster, Ash Body, Natural finish

1989 Kramer 610

1973 Takamine F-360 ("Martin Lawsuit" all-laminate D-28 clone)
Timmccr8

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: April 23, 2004, 01:37:31 PM »

Just one. A 1972 Fender Tele with a DiMarzio PAF in the neck position. Post CBS but I don't care, it's got one of the greatest necks ever.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: