Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Behringer products...testimonials?  (Read 2108 times)
ODogg

Ignore
« on: August 03, 2005, 11:17:18 PM »

Anyone heard anything good or bad about their products?  I'm looking more for price vs. product value assesments, as opposed to the, seemingly, obvious comments like, "The Behringer acoustic DI has nothing on the Baggs PADI."  Although I have played with neither, I can imagine that the Baggs will outperform the Behringer based on the 5x price.  However, it seems that I have dumped a majority of my expendible income on my guitars, so I need to conserve $$$ for accessories.  Not to mention the fact that I just bought my first house.  We currently use a Behringer board and just bought a Behringer power amp.  They seem to do the trick.  Any feedback on their other products?   I have been looking at this for the past couple of days...for $30, seems to be little risk involved:

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Behringer/ADI21-01.html

Thanks!

-----------------------------------------
-Larrivee D-03

-Martin HD-35
el guitana
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2005, 12:23:13 AM »

Guess I'm curious about their acoustic amp - seems a lot less expensive than many
jimmyd
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2005, 02:39:53 AM »

I have a Behringer Eurorack UB802 mixer. I bought new for a whopping $49.00 to use for recording practice tracks on my PC.. I was suprised at the quality for the price.  The three range eq is functional. It is very quiet even when running gain controls hot. It does not have a lot of gain. Sorry I don't have any experience with the DI. There are several online dealers who offer a 30+ day return if you don't like it.
kdonovan

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2005, 12:22:26 PM »

I own several behringer products and for the most part have been very happy with their products. My local dealer carries the behringer line and it helps that he will stand behind the product as far as problems, which fortunately I haven't had any. I recently got the Ultracoustic  acoustic amp and am very happy with it. For all the features this amp has  it is a steal.  I also have some  behringer mics and for the money they work for me. In reference to the ADI 21, I needed a preamp for one of my guitars and I tried the ADI 21 and it didn't perform as I had hoped. I ended up trading it for the behringer mic100  microphone pre amp and was alot happier with the results.

Cheers
kdonovan

kdonovan

Ratishna
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2005, 05:01:28 PM »

Inexpensive, but does seem cheaply made.  However, appears to stand up until you're ready to let go for something else.  Be careful if you buy used.

E. Shoaf
ODogg

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 07:03:02 AM »

We used our Behringer EP2500 power amp for the first time tonight and it performed very well.  For $300, it was well worth the price.  Heck, we paid for it with tonight's show.  Also, as a sidebar, the BBE Sonic Maximizer 482 that we bought for $80 on eBay was also well worth the price.  I can't explain, too well, how it sounded...just better.  Maybe the word I am looking for is similar to "tighter."  We had ample controls to adjust the high and low ends of my guitars and vocals.  I'd say "compressed," but that seems to indicate a reduction in sound quality.  Oh well, hopefully, you get my drift.   :GRN>

P.S.  Thanks for the input!  I may hold off on the ADI 21 or, at least, buy locally from a dealer who will give me trade-in credit if I don't like it.     

-----------------------------------------
-Larrivee D-03

-Martin HD-35
drathbun
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 12:32:35 AM »

I have a Behringer V-Amp2, Behringer Tube Ultragain MIC200 preamp and a Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Footboard Controller.  All of these products are excellent value for the money. The VAMP2 isn't as sturdy as a POD, and doesn't have an off switch, but it is half the price. The Tube preamp is marvelous ($85 Cdn.) The FCB Footboard could be run over by a truck and still work!

I've heard controversy about Behringer reverse engineering competitors products and various lawsuits against the company for "look and feel" theft. However, my experience with the products is they are good value for the money, especially for entry level gear.

2016 Martin 000-28vs 12 fret

2014 Taylor 814ce

2014 Godin Multiac Classical

2012 Gibson "The Golden Age 1930's" SJ200

2012 Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz Bass

2010 Gretsch Electromatic G5122DC

2009 Taylor GA3-12e

2004 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster

1981 Rickenbacker 320JG

1968 Yamaha FG150 Red La
inebriate

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2005, 04:07:42 AM »

Imitation / flattery/ whatever, I've got a Europower 1500 and have used a number of their DJ Mixers... while they aren't mindbogglingly amazing by any stretch of the imagination, for the majority of their products you'd be hardpressed to find something that feature-laden at a comparable pricepoint.

kwakatak
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2005, 04:18:28 AM »

I acquired a UB1202 mixer last month and just learned how to properly set it up. I use it for home recording with jsut an ATR-20 microphone and Audacity and it's working out nicely.

Neil

2009 Martin D-16GT

2006 Larrivée OM-03R

1998 Fender American Standard Stratocaster, Ash Body, Natural finish

1989 Kramer 610

1973 Takamine F-360 ("Martin Lawsuit" all-laminate D-28 clone)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: