Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mac Software?  (Read 1698 times)
Fisherman

Ignore
« on: May 25, 2005, 07:46:03 PM »

I'm in love with my new powerbook... sort of! I've been using soundforge on my pc to normalise stereo tracks and convert to mp3s. Anyone got any ideas what software i can use on a mac to do this? I don't need multitracking just to be able to do those things. Thanks. Wow, what a geek I am... :(  
wyodeb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 09:18:42 PM »

I think there's an app for that in the iLife suite. Not sure, though, since I don't use that. Go on apple's website. Otherwise, do a search on MacAddict's website. I know they are out there--seems I even read a review of something like that in a fairly recent MacAddict. When I get home, I'll check through the stack.

Deb

Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R
rustychicken

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 11:31:56 PM »

i'm not totally sure, but i think you can do that in iTunes,,,just look into preferences somewhere, or do a help. you may can do it in GarageBand also, without having to use multi-tracks. sorry not to be more helpful, but i know i've seen somewhere that you can do this with one of the two.

sdelsolray

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 02:30:27 AM »

Bias Peak.
Fisherman

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2005, 06:59:09 AM »

i'm not totally sure, but i think you can do that in iTunes,,,just look into preferences somewhere, or do a help. you may can do it in GarageBand also, without having to use multi-tracks. sorry not to be more helpful, but i know i've seen somewhere that you can do this with one of the two.
I tried doing it in itunes but I found it really user unfriendly which is unusual for mac! Actually, I find itunes quite unfriendly most of the time! Maybe ~I just need to persevere.

I downloaded some software called 'Audacity' on a friend's recommendation. It's free and seems to be quite good so far. I also downloaded Bias Peak which looks amazing but you can't save to mp3 on the demo. Might look into buying the full version at some point.

Thanks for all your responses!
wyodeb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2005, 07:13:50 PM »

There are a lot of excellent freeware and shareware programs available for Macs. Also lots of good AppleScripts for iTunes. A Google search (also looking in the iPod Lounge website) will turn up almost anything you could possibly want.

Deb :)  

Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R
Fisherman

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 08:26:34 AM »

There are a lot of excellent freeware and shareware programs available for Macs. Also lots of good AppleScripts for iTunes. A Google search (also looking in the iPod Lounge website) will turn up almost anything you could possibly want.

Deb :)
Hi Deb, what sort of applescripts for itunes? I find itunes really unfriendly at the moment!  angry  
wyodeb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 02:17:37 PM »

My favorites are here:
http://www.dougscripts.com/itunes/

If you email me with any problems you might be having, I could probably help. If I can't, my 15 year old daughter is an authority on all things iTunes :lol:  She's where I go if I get stuck. Let us know if we can help.

Deb

Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R
knucklehead

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2005, 01:36:34 AM »

if you go to "preferences" in iTunes and click on the "importing" logo you are given a dropdown window for the type of file you wish to import (and save) in iTunes.  I use AAC (mp4) the files are slighty smaller but seem to have better stereophonic modeling.  Other choices are AIFF (full size CD), lossless encoder (About one-half the size of AIFF) MP3 and .wav.   Just drag your file to the iTunes library and it should be converted and saved.  Right click on the song to get info and put in the tile and artist and genre, etc.  When you want to burn a CD got "Burning" and make sure "audio CD" is checked if you want to play the CD on a regular CD player or choose MP3 if you have an MP3 player.
AcousTronic

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 05:17:23 PM »

Yep, Bias Peak is a great Stereo Mastering software that has all the tools you will need.

But do yourself a favor and check out Logic Express 7. You might not need multi track now, but down the road you may, and LE7 is very easy to use once you get the Apple Pro Training Series book "Logic Pro 7 and Logic Express 7" by Martin Sitter. That book had me recording and using the plug-ins to get an incredible sound, within a day!!

Check a demo video of the program here:  http://www.apple.com/logicpro/quicktours/

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: