Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: K&k Pickup In My Blackwood  (Read 1265 times)
sc morris

Ignore
« on: July 28, 2003, 11:28:26 PM »

i just had a k&k pure western installed in my d-03 blackwood.  man, this pickup is killer.  great sound....natural sound....it doesn't make yer guitar sound like it has a pickup.  it sounds like it's been mic'd really well with this one.  the prices are really good on the K&K stuff too....check um out if you need a pickup for your larrivee.....you won't be disappointed.  just my .02 on the matter.  

"I would never join a club that would allow me to be a member"
 Groucho Marx

Larrivee D-03 Blackwood w/ K&K Pure Western
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2003, 11:40:17 PM »

I've put K+K's in upright basses,they really have a wonderful sound.I still prefer a good mic,audio tech or rhodes.If you can find the old SM 57's and 58's these are wonderful.

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
sc morris

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2003, 01:00:49 AM »

i had never even heard of k&k until i bought my larrivee.  the guys who sold me my guitar (EM Shorts) suggested the pure western system over the b-band and the even the i-beam that is really popular.  plus, the k&k was cheaper than all the rest. i am totally happy with it and look forward to trying it out in many settings over the years to come.  i also really like the fact that it doesn't need batteries to run it.  i would really like to hear this guitar recorded.....that's next on my list.  

"I would never join a club that would allow me to be a member"
 Groucho Marx

Larrivee D-03 Blackwood w/ K&K Pure Western
BW dreaming

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2003, 02:46:02 PM »

I've got the Highlander, and I like that a lot.  Like sc said about the k&k, it really gives an unplugged sound.  Just set the EQs at 0 and go!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: