Blackwood Webber

Started by Zach, July 20, 2005, 02:57:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thought somebody might be interested in this.  I sure wish I had the $ for it.

http://www.meridianmusicguitars.com/guitars/webber_RB_blackwood.html

Zach

Not that familiar with Webber. Is it one of those brands that if you have to ask how much it costs ... nehhh -- veeeer mind?
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

His base price is around $2,200.  The cutaway would add a little bit to that, not sure about blackwood.  He's a friend of the Larrivee family and his shop used to be very close to theirs in Vancouver.  I played a rosewood/sitka Webber Roundbody a few years ago that was incredible.

www.webberguitars.com

Zach

Someone should jump on that, Webbers are fantastic. I had a Webber rosewood roundbody for years. Fantastic guitar, and your not paying a lot for thye name. I am waiting for my Webber 000 cedar/maple to finish construction. Fantastic small company with nothing but above premium woods and workmanship. He's from Vancouver, but I don't know if he trained with Jean Larrivee. If you order something from him, very little has an upcharge, except the exotic woods, otherwise Maple, Mahogany, Rosewood, top choices, etc., are all treated the same.

His web page is  http://www.webberguitars.com

Andy
Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple

His maple/cedar guitars are beautiful.  How long of a wait does he have?

A lot of people seem to think that he worked at Larrivee, but according to a post I read by Matthew somewhere, he never did.  He is a close friend of the family and worked nearby, so I guess that started the rumor.

Zach

I ordered the Guitar the end of April, he started building it on July 4th. He has sent me a couple of pictures of the top, back (not attached), the sides being bent, and the sides glued together. So hopefuly it will be completed by the end of September, but I am not holding my breadth, and by Christmas was what he originally indicated so that is what I am expecting. However, talk about GAS. The waiting is killing me.

Andy
Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple

Did you order directly from him, or through a dealer?

Zach

David Webber's instruments are very very nice.  I currently have three, a koa/cedar Roundbody, a rosewood/cedar Roundbody cutaway and a maple/cedar OM cutaway.  Relatively inexpensive (i.e., great value), sophisticated sonics, great build.

Did he work/learn in the Larrivee shop?
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

Quote from: Zach on July 21, 2005, 08:27:11 AM
Did you order directly from him, or through a dealer?
I think you have to go through a dealer. However, he will work very closely with on making it what you want. Things such as neck width, bindings, fret board dots, wood are no cost enhancements. I was able to request that he use stripey ebony for the fretboard, and he said he would. Great experience so far. I think he builds less than a 100 guitars a year. That may change as he took on staff and moved to a new location, so he may increase his output.

Andy
Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple

Quote from: dbirchett on July 21, 2005, 10:33:42 AM
Did he work/learn in the Larrivee shop?

No, but he is a friend of the Larrivee family according to Matthew.

Zach