You guys have got to hear this guy

Started by hsojeel, July 15, 2005, 12:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I have found a new guy to listen to.
His name is chris smither, if you've heard him feel free to chime in, if you haven't might I suggest you get your petuti to the store and listen or on his website here
http://www.smither.com
Dudes he is amazing.
Get some.
cheers
josh
josh

To err is human....but to do the same wrong thing over and over, well that takes a Christian. 
(Romans chp2 vs3)

Thanks, Josh...i looked around and listened.  I like him.  The free song of the month; "Caveman" was cool.  -_-

cool glad you liked him
josh
josh

To err is human....but to do the same wrong thing over and over, well that takes a Christian. 
(Romans chp2 vs3)

I've been a Smither fan for years.

See him in concert, he's great. He also does seminars at Jorma Kaukonen's Fur Peace Ranch. My brother took one with him last year and was transformed by it.

A great writer, performer and guitarist.

He has a couple of instructional videos and a book. Great stuff.

Paolo
"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. "

Bil Mitchell HG 00 -  all Walnut
Everett Laurel O
Larri LV05MT
Larri LV09 Custom All Walnut
Larri LV-03RE-12
Larri J05
Larri SE Parlor Walnut
Tacoma C3C - peeling finish
Martin 000-17

I love Chris Smither. Kind of a cross between Mississippi John Hurt and Chuck Berry. I just purchased the Instructional DVD. It isn't too in depth but it's kind of like having him in your livingroom. More conversational than instructional. Kind of a nice way to learn.  Capo on the second fret standard tuning or open D tuning will get you really close.
I recommend all of his recordings. There's not really a bad one. The live recording really shows how his personality adds to his music.
Larrivee D-60
Gibson Nick Lucas
Guild D-25 M
Fender Am.Delux. Strat

Josh--Thanks for the review. This is good stuff!
Are his albums pretty consistent?
Thanks for the new tunes!
Fred

Good stuff. He sounds too much like Guy Clark to be an individual star but good stuff.  Speaking of that, I've been listening to Pierce Pettis lately. Who came first? Lyle Lovett or PP? They seem to be sharing the same voice. 

I liked it a lot. Thanks for sharing!
Joe
D-03
L-03

Good stuff. Thanks for the tip! :GRN>
Larrivee LV-05E
Martin 00CXAEBlack
La Patrie Concert Classical
Harmony Archtone Archtop (glued and screwed)
Gibson Melody Maker (dual pickup - Vintage Sunburst)
http://caliberguitars.com/Guitar/Larrivee

I've been a fan of his for a long time. Saw him a couple of years ago at the New Orleans Jazz fest. Bought a cd of that performance. I sure hope N.O. finds its way back to us. Need to try to help the best we can.

Thanks Josh ...good link.
Never heard of him. I really like what I heard
Dave
Larrivee D60
Taylor 422 Maple
Delux Tele Plus