Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Change electronics?  (Read 953 times)
brad6tn

Ignore
« on: July 18, 2005, 12:38:15 AM »

I have a LV03K and had a K&K Trinity installed. It sounds fine, but not great. Any ideas on how I can get a better sound? Feedback has been a little problem. I think I'd like to play in stereo. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

Brad

Larrivee LV-05E
Fender P Bass Lyte Deluxe
Tacoma DR14E6
Tacoma EKK19C
Fender Strat Hot Rod
Taylor 414ce L3
LARRIVEE LV03K
Ibanez Soundgear Bass 5
Zach
Admin

« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2005, 02:56:01 PM »

What, specifically, do you not like about the Trinity?  In my experience, its one of the better sounding pickups out there, but that doesn't mean its for everyone.  Are you using the K&K preamp?  Placement can influence the sound, but the K&K isn't too picky in that regard.

I would suggest not going stereo, but I guess it depends on why you want to.  Stereo can be nice for recording, but I wouldn't do it live.

Zach
sdelsolray

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2005, 03:11:41 AM »

Without knowing the remainder of your signal change, it's hard to talk about your situation.  Even still, if you dual source your instrument, and provide it with an appropriate signal chain, that would likely improve things.

Stereo is very nice.  An audience certainly appreciates a better soundstage.
Zach
Admin

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2005, 03:34:56 AM »

The Trinity is dual source.  It has the regular K&K SBTs along with an internal mic and an external pre/blender/eq.

http://www.kksound.com/trinitywestern.html

Most everywhere that I play or have played runs the PA in mono, so stereo wouldn't do much good in that type of setting. 

Zach
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: