12 Strings

Started by unclrob, July 26, 2003, 09:16:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi kids,I'm debating on adding a Larrivee 12 string to my stash of guitars.I've tried some D03's,an LV03/12 and a L03BW/12.Nice sound,they play nice,I thought the neck was a bit thin from front to back.Just wondering if anyone has tried other woods.I play a Guild JF30/12 now and own a few l
Larrivee 6's
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Not so much different woods but different shapres?  My son's got an LJ05-12.   This guitar really rumbles.   The LJ shape + mahogany give it  awesome balance.   I've done some home recording and this guitar records better than anything I've heard.    Highly recommended.

Why add to the Guild, curious? Isn't one functioning 12 string piece enough?  
Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.

Interesting that you find the Larrivee 12-string necks to be small! I find them to be thick and heavy. I have an L-10-12 that has absolutely great tone. I find myself finger-picking the thing quite often because of its clarity and balance. But the neck is one thing I am not totally in love with. My old Martin J-12-40 that it replaced had a much slimmer neck.

If you can find an LJ 12-string, grab it. (I am sooo envious, Charlies3) I just wish they would start making them again.

Griff

Larrivée: LJ-10 Custom (Gryphon)
L-10-12 (Bell Tower)
Parlour Koa Special Edition (Sweet Baby)
Gibson: 1951 Southern Jumbo ('Tiger')

Giggler..I love my guild but I want one to restring with the octive on the inside like a Rickenbacker.

Griff..I like a rounder neck feel and the one's  we have are just a little  thin feeling for me
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help