Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [i]notably[/i] Gorgeous Blackwood Arrived!  (Read 1018 times)
Strummenhum

Ignore
« on: March 11, 2004, 08:25:38 PM »

Sad Story, Happy Ending

:o : Bought a Larrivée on eBay. After he/seller had my money, I got an email that in prepping the guitar for shipment, he sprayed the satin top and ebony fretboard with Gruhn's Glaze and it didn't seem to work out so well, kinda spotty here and there on the top.... I flipped out. I found another guitar, new, online and made a two-way proposal:  eBay seller purchases new Larrivée from the dealer I found online and has the dealer drop-ship it directly to me. I ship the unopened eBayer's guitar back. All parties--to the eBay seller's credit and my great fortune--agreed.

:D :D : Today, I received my brand-spankin' new D03-BW. The exquisite photos at NotableGuitars.com eased my concerns about sight-unseen buying but didn't do justice to the gorgeous instrument I received today. It beats the photos, hands-down! Psst: It sounds even better than it looks!  

I know there are other dealers here and all praiseworthy probably because you're Larrivée dealers. Jason (guitarcrazy) just happened to be the first dealer that popped up on my internet search with the model number I sought. After speaking with him, I knew I needed to look no farther, that I was in excellent hands. It was just an additional shipping-time bonus to me that he happens to be 'Out West' where I live. I'm beyond satisifed. I'm thrilled! Thank you, Jason.

On a side-note, I saw another terrific post/testimonial here today about Jason and wonder if his hat size is now two sizes larger, lol. Hold all my calls. I'm playing my Larrivée!

Larrivée D03-BW (New 3/11/04)
'84 Washburn 12-banger
'78 Guild Mahogany Dread
'75 Yamaha FG-260 12-banger

"A painter paints pictures on canvas. A musician paints pictures on silence." Stokowski
Barefoot Rob
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 08:49:59 PM »

Congrat's on your blackwood purchase.These are really great sounding and very hard to describe over a phone.Enjoy.Also it my be time to harrass Larrivee to keep this wood as reg feature. B)  

A REPAIRPERSON,Still Unclrob
OM03PA
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity*Eat The Rich*, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
www.rpjguitarworks.com
Call PM me I may b
bevo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 08:58:29 PM »

YOU STOLE MY LARRIVEE....I WAS GONNA BUY THAT FROM JASON...AAAHHHHHHHH!!! All good though, best man won...hahahah.  Hope you're having fun with it and maybe you can post up a soundclip of the Blackwood b/c I would definitely like to hear it.  Congrats on the guitar and happy strummen strummenhum.  

wtb LSV-05
orsino
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2004, 09:34:42 PM »

Strummenhum,
What possesed the guy to spray it after he sold it to you? Did he think he was cleaning it up for you? Regardless, he was stand-up about it.
Glad it worked out well in the end for you.

Rob,
Be sure to mention L-03BW w/ no cutaway and no electronics to Matthew. There's someone in Winter Haven I know that might be interested. ;)  

guitarcrazy

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 03:09:19 AM »

Dwight, thanks for the kind words.  Glad you are happy with the guitar.  I was sorry to see it go, but at least it found a good home.  Enjoy.  Jason.

http://www.notableguitars.com
My guitars:

Larrivee OM-50
Fender Strat
Larrivee OM-03MT
Strummenhum

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 06:35:14 AM »

What possesed the guy to spray it after he sold it to you? Did he think he was cleaning it up for you? Regardless, he was stand-up about it.
He wanted me to be satisfied at every step but down-played the glaze, suggesting that when I got it I could just take a "wet wrag" to it ::sigh:: A day went by. He sent me another email, after he had read about satin finish care in his Taylor 714 care instructions, profusely apologizing and asking what he could do. He's not a bad guy. He made a mistake, made good on his word, and affirms my belief that some people still value character and integrity. And now you all have to put up with my blathering about my new Larrivee, here, lol

Larrivée D03-BW (New 3/11/04)
'84 Washburn 12-banger
'78 Guild Mahogany Dread
'75 Yamaha FG-260 12-banger

"A painter paints pictures on canvas. A musician paints pictures on silence." Stokowski
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: