Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Carolina in the Pines" Chord Search  (Read 1707 times)
AdventureGuide

Ignore
« on: June 12, 2005, 01:41:42 PM »

Howdy Folks!

I heard a really nice version of Michael Martin Murphey's "Carolina in the Pines" last week at a song circle.  (Anderson Guitar Gallery's monthly gathering.)  It was a nice, slow, straight-forward version, without any banjo or other blue-grass influence.  I believe it was performed in E, and someone mentioned that they had learned it in A.  I don't know it at all, but I would like too.  Anyone have any help?

I need chords, but no tab.  (Sorry, I don't read Tab!)  Any recommendations or help would be great.

Thanks!

Jim

Larrivee J-10-Koa "The Goddess"
Larrivee J-10-FM (Custom "Larrivee and Vine" Headstock Inlay)
Larrivee J-10 (w/Celtic Knot Headstock Inlay)
Larrivee Parlour - Mahogany

See "The Goddess" at www.mccrain.net/koa.
fitness1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 02:05:58 PM »

I will look though my old MMM albums and see if it's on any of them.....if it is, I'll work it out and forward you the chords....

Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Eastman E10D - Mahogany/Adirondack
Cordoba C9 Mahogany/Euro Spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"
fitness1
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 02:26:15 PM »

I looked and I do have it....going to be gone for most of the day, but I'll give it a listen later this evening and see if I can help you out!

Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Eastman E10D - Mahogany/Adirondack
Cordoba C9 Mahogany/Euro Spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"
laughingskunk

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 02:12:18 AM »

I have a version from a "Best of folk Superstars For Guitar". Not sure how best to type it out for u, but will  try                                                                                                                                                  verse 1 She came(A) to me, said she (E/A) knew me and she'd (D/A) known me a long time(E/A) And she (D) spoke of be-in' (A/C#)in love with ev-'ry (D) mountain she had (A)climbed. And she talked of trails she'd  (E/A)walked up far a(A)bove the timber (E/A) line. From that (D)night on I knew I'd (A/C#) write songs with Caro(D)lina in the pines  1.2. (A) l (B/A) l (D/A) 2. There's a...                                                                                                                                                3. (A) l  (B/A) l (D/A) l  (A)                Hope this helps, Patrick         

CA Bluegrass Performer, Larrivee D-02 (sapele),  Martin LXK2 \"If we weren't all crazy, we would go insane"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: