Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pick Up Recommendation  (Read 5796 times)
Calvin
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2005, 08:14:01 AM »

magnetic pickups are pretty feedback resistant

I love the DiMarzio line, especially the Reference, but I know most people in the world hate it.  It's a very jazzy and dark sounding pickup, almost jazz guitar, awesome for rhythm and one line runs.

I dont like the Bagg's and K K stuff maybe because I dont really listen to Country.  But if you want a very acoustic zing when strummed, the Bagg's sound really good and is probably the one for you.

I've heard the fishman once online somewhere and I like it better than baggs's it's the clearest of all, great fundumentals.  Sounds a bit electric, but then so does the Dimarzio.

There are alot more out there Pickupthworld pickups are vibration sensors, and easy to install.

Anyway, eitherway dont forget to buy a preamp.  B-band combos are pretty cheap and good quality.

Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Fender American Stratocaster Delux
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Fender Mexican Telecaster
Rivera Sedon
AcousTronic

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2005, 04:40:10 PM »

don't like... K K stuff maybe because I dont really listen to Country. 

It's called the "Pure Western", but that doesn't mean it only sounds good if you play Country.

I recently installed the K&K Pure Western Mini in my D-03BW and LV-09 and can honestly say it's the best sounding pickup I've ever heard. Very woody and real sound, almost as good as a mic. Dieter from K&K does suggest a soundhole damper when playing with drums and bass in a live environment to cut the possibility of feedback though.
Calvin
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2005, 06:51:29 PM »

Oh I agree it's a good pickup, just that it's more geared towards the Dyole Dykes, Chet kind of sound.  It's definitely one of the most natural sounding ones yes.  I was just saying it's kind of hard for me to be impartial because of the music I listen to. :GRN>

Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Fender American Stratocaster Delux
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Fender Mexican Telecaster
Rivera Sedon
HangFire
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2005, 06:08:07 AM »

Hands down K&K one of the best sounding PUPs I've heard, got a Pure Western in my D-03BW that sounds incredible much better than the Fishman/Taylor combo;-)

2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: