Quality Control Issues?

Started by Admin, June 10, 2003, 11:26:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nobody wants to hear the warranty proceedure -  Again, but here it is:

"In the event that you detect signs of defect or damage in your Larrivee guitar, please follow these steps to have the problem(s) addressed:

Consult Your Dealer
All Larrivee authorized dealers are qualified to advise you regarding the details of processing a repair or return. Contact your dealer first, before proceeding with any other action, to obtain a Return Authorization number. It is important to note that all returns must be preceded by a Return Authorization (RA) number. Returns that do not have a valid RA number number prominently displayed on the carton will be rejected and returned freight-collect to the point of origin. Obtaining an RA number is the responsibility of the dealer. Larrivee will not accept repair or return claims direct from end-user customers except in the event the dealer who originally sold the guitar is no longer accessible to that end user. If this is the case please call our number listed in the customer service section"

Most of the complaints (save that of a few actual finish mistakes) are dealer set up issues and in the day of on-line sales it's easy for the dealer to push everything back on Larrivee.
08 Larrivee L05-12
02 Larrivee DV-09
73 Granada Custom
Kids got the others  :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=797065

new larrivee owner and first response to a thread. i bought a used P-09 and found the finish to be lacking in quality. one area looked as though it had dust under the finish and a couple of areas had white in the grain under the finish.  i am not overly particular about that sort of thing but since the thread is about quality control i figured i would respond. the guitar is a 06 model so any issues could have been solved by now. i really like the guitar and have found no other issues. :donut

Quote from: MCOOKOC on July 14, 2011, 09:12:44 AM
new larrivee owner and first response to a thread. i bought a used P-09 and found the finish to be lacking in quality. one area looked as though it had dust under the finish and a couple of areas had white in the grain under the finish.  i am not overly particular about that sort of thing but since the thread is about quality control i figured i would respond. the guitar is a 06 model so any issues could have been solved by now. i really like the guitar and have found no other issues. :donut

Why did you buy the guitar if you didn't like the finish?
Larrivee 00-70 
Gibson Advanced Jumbo  - J-185 - J200 Jr.
 National Resophonics  M1 Tricone
 Eastman MD-904 - DGM-1

I am kind of curious as to why an 8 year old thread was ressurrected with no comment other than a whistling face.  Seems like the perfect definition of a troll.  Was it your way of attempting payback for Matthew's comments about bridge shaving vs neck reset?

Wow, very weird.  :? Please lock this creepy resurrection.
L-03 Italian Spruce

Quote from: Dotneck on July 14, 2011, 09:33:57 AM
Why did you buy the guitar if you didn't like the finish?

Moreover, since he bought it USED, how does he know if the previous owner(s) even tried to have something done?  I don't get this thread.

Quote from: Walkerman on July 14, 2011, 09:51:58 AM
 Was it your way of attempting payback for Matthew's comments about bridge shaving vs neck reset?

Actually, I quite enjoyed the information Matthew provided in those comments. In fact, I took the 7mm specification for min bridge thickness and thinned my bridge to that spec. Combine that work with a slight depth increase in the saddle slot, a fretboard leveling and re radius, new frets, and a new bone nut and saddle and I now have a quite playable 000-60.

So what was the point in this thread with no comment?

Quote from: Walkerman on July 14, 2011, 11:03:21 AM
So what was the point in this thread with no comment?

If you must know, the point is I found it humorous that the first three pages of the Forum read pretty much the same as the last three pages.Like I said in a post from another old gem of a thread from way back: going through the old posts this morning kinda felt like being stuck in the movie Groundhog Day.

:? :rolleye:
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Quote from: GA-ME on July 14, 2011, 11:39:44 AM
If you must know, the point is I found it humorous that the first three pages of the Forum read pretty much the same as the last three pages.Like I said in a post from another old gem of a thread from way back: going through the old posts this morning kinda felt like being stuck in the movie Groundhog Day.

Seems clear enough.  Many forums just recycle thread subjects and we are no exception.  The one I'm getting tired of is "(I'm a newbie here and) I'd like to know how much this Larrivee is worth."
Play it daily for best results.

Quote from: prof_stack on July 14, 2011, 02:58:30 PM
The one I'm getting tired of is "(I'm a newbie here and) I'd like to know how much this Larrivee is worth."

That is probably more a function of how difficult things are for so many folks than anything else.

Quote from: GA-ME on July 14, 2011, 10:23:37 AM
Actually, I quite enjoyed the information Matthew provided in those comments. In fact, I took the 7mm specification for min bridge thickness and thinned my bridge to that spec. Combine that work with a slight depth increase in the saddle slot, a fretboard leveling and re radius, new frets, and a new bone nut and saddle and I now have a quite playable 000-60.

So then, Larrivee was right and you were wrong....

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=19771.msg175861#msg175861

Quote from: Walkerman on July 14, 2011, 03:08:18 PM
So then, Larrivee was right and you were wrong....

http://www.larriveeforum.com/smf/index.php?topic=19771.msg175861#msg175861

Uh, Larrivee never fixed that guitar so, no, they were not right. They simply shaved a bit of bridge and sent it back to me with the with basically the same playability it had when it went in.  I'm not even going to try and discuss what was wrong with my 000-60 with you. You never held the guitar in your hands and even if you did, you don't know enough to have evaluated the instrument and what it needed. A couple of weeks ago you were asking the Forum what was involved with a basic set-up, yet a few years ago you were lecturing me about what was a proper fix for a poor neck angle. I am not angry over the 000-60 any longer, by the way. That situation proved to be the impetus for me to educate myself about guitar construction and in so doing I have developed a true love of building and repairing guitars. I have met many wonderfully talented and sharing individuals as a direct result of the situation with my 000-60. I don't need to rehash that issue with that particular guitar with you or anyone else.  

I have learned a lot since that thread you linked to here. I can build my own guitars now and each project is a little better than the last. How much have you learned since you were smarting off to me about my guitar in that thread Walkerman? It would seem at the time you were lecturing me in that thread, you didn't know a thing about what you were talking about. You didn't even know what a well setup guitar was and didn't know diddly about proper playability. If your recent thread inquiring about what was involved in a basic set-up is any indication of how much you have educated yourself in the interim, I'd say you still don't know enough to comment about problems any one else may have with a guitar.

Since I returned to the Forum about a year ago, I have generally refrained from respoding to you. I'll admit a couple of times I let ya have the sarcasm right back, but fortunately I deleted most of them before you responded and we ended up with a silly internet shouting match. Here I'll admit this to you, I handled my warrenty issue with Larrivee about as well as they handled the repair, which is to say very poorly. I lost my temper at the situation and paid for it with the net result I recieved in Larrivee correcting the problem. However, because I behaved badly doesn't excuse Larrivee from properly fixing my instrument any more than I am excused from my lousy behavior in response to their poor customer service. Like I said, I have learned a few things since then, have you?

Quote from: hadden on July 14, 2011, 09:57:46 AM
Wow, very weird.  :? Please lock this creepy resurrection.
Agreed....BTW, I just took your advice....... :beer

Quote from: GA-ME on July 14, 2011, 04:14:37 PM
Uh, Larrivee never fixed that guitar so, no, they were not right. They simply shaved a bit of bridge and sent it back to me with the with basically the same playability it had when it went in.  I'm not even going to try and discuss what was wrong with my 000-60 with you. You never held the guitar in your hands and even if you did, you don't know enough to have evaluated the instrument and what it needed. A couple of weeks ago you were asking the Forum what was involved with a basic set-up, yet a few years ago you were lecturing me about what was a proper fix for a poor neck angle. I am not angry over the 000-60 any longer, by the way. That situation proved to be the impetus for me to educate myself about guitar construction and in so doing I have developed a true love of building and repairing guitars. I have met many wonderfully talented and sharing individuals as a direct result of the situation with my 000-60. I don't need to rehash that issue with that particular guitar with you or anyone else.  

I have learned a lot since that thread you linked to here. I can build my own guitars now and each project is a little better than the last. How much have you learned since you were smarting off to me about my guitar in that thread Walkerman? It would seem at the time you were lecturing me in that thread, you didn't know a thing about what you were talking about. You didn't even know what a well setup guitar was and didn't know diddly about proper playability. If your recent thread inquiring about what was involved in a basic set-up is any indication of how much you have educated yourself in the interim, I'd say you still don't know enough to comment about problems any one else may have with a guitar.

Since I returned to the Forum about a year ago, I have generally refrained from respoding to you. I'll admit a couple of times I let ya have the sarcasm right back, but fortunately I deleted most of them before you responded and we ended up with a silly internet shouting match. Here I'll admit this to you, I handled my warrenty issue with Larrivee about as well as they handled the repair, which is to say very poorly. I lost my temper at the situation and paid for it with the net result I recieved in Larrivee correcting the problem. However, because I behaved badly doesn't excuse Larrivee from properly fixing my instrument any more than I am excused from my lousy behavior in response to their poor customer service. Like I said, I have learned a few things since then, have you?

Hey GA-ME,

I concur with your observations.  I had a similar issue with my 000-50 and ran the "fanboy" gauntlet
with the same individuals.  The lack of expertise was quite obvious and also quite easy to disregard.  Irritating for awhile but I suppose everyone is entitled to their opinion.  Glad to hear your 000-60 is humming along.

gtrplayer

thanks for the warm welcome adios

Quote from: MCOOKOC on July 14, 2011, 09:48:20 PM
thanks for the warm welcome adios
Don't let the door hit you on the way out!   :laughin:

Seriously, you should not have gotten into the middle of this hornets' nest.  A new thread would have had a proper welcome for you.

Don't worry about a finish glitch.  Just play the guitar and love the sound.
Play it daily for best results.