Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yamaha Pacifica 303 12 Ii  (Read 2596 times)
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« on: June 01, 2005, 12:51:09 PM »

I just bought one of these. 12 string electric, from ebay. Anyone have one? Any opinions? Besides that I should have asked first?  :lol:  
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2005, 01:02:30 PM »

Did Larrivee ever make a 12-string electric back in the 80's?

I don't recall ever seeing one.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2005, 06:40:43 PM »

Do you mean an electric 12 string? I was wondering the same thing. I love my little Larricaster.    
Frets

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 02:32:19 AM »

larricasters are the best...hahaha...no ive never heard of them doing a 12 string electric.  a friend of mine spliced a larrivee bass and a larrivee strat together into a doubleneck though...hahaha....its a totally freaky guitar. weighs a few tons!
Frets

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 02:33:25 AM »

as for the yamaha...theyre pretty good guitars for the money...i always recommend them to people who dont want to spend alot of money.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 11:57:31 AM »

That would be me.  :D  
Frets

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2005, 04:10:48 AM »

haha cool...before i got into larrivees and stuff, i had a yamaha nylon string with a cutaway and a cedar top. it was a great guitar, but i had so many guitars at one point i ended up selling it to a friend.  had a yamaha fretless bass too....that thing was awesome.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 02:20:04 PM »

Hey wouldn't that make you fretless? I've always had good luck with Yamahas. I had a FG180 in the early 70's which I recently replaced with one off of ebay and it's real nice for a laminated camp guitar. I also have a Yammy classical and a big Yammy twin-like amp.    
Frets

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2005, 01:12:44 AM »

hahaha...frets is actually the name of my cat...and what i do for a living mostly. hahaha
what model is the classical? theyre pretty decent guitars for the price.
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2005, 06:19:48 PM »

The classical is a G255-S, I believe. Nothing fancy but nicely playable as are most Yammies. It was free so the price was definitely right.
After four days, I finally have the 12 string in tune and it is sweet. What You're Doing by the Beatles is my favourite song on it so far.     
sneaky
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 01:41:46 AM »

I own several high end Yamahas and they are among the nicest, best built, playing and sounding guitars I`ve tried.....for ANY money. Had a Gibson Chet Tennessean but sold it after getting the Yamaha SA2200. Also have the SAS1500, the USA II strat, the Pacifica 10th anniversary strat, the Mike Stern MS1511, the little early 70s SG I got last week.....and an all solid wood LL33J acoustic that was so good I got rid of the Taylor 610 I had.
I don`t go for that..." for the money " statement that a lot of folks make, Yamaha make some great guitars by any standards and it seems the only folks who know this are owners. Buy em used and you will find some excellent bargains, but one worries about resale, better not get a Yamaha. If you want one of the best kept secrets in the guitar world with top of the line parts, workmanship and playability the high end Yamahas are on the same level as any maker today... everybodies low end guitars are priced that way for reasons and I wouldn`t expect much from any makers low end models, but even then Yamaha has some of the most comfortable necks around. All Yamaha owners have to get used to hearing the " for the money " thing...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: