Who Would Buy One Of These, Really?

Started by Calvin, May 28, 2005, 05:09:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tried a NS-32 today, Okay, what in the world, who would pay for this junk??!!!  I tried one today, and was like #$$()*#$.

I can see it being played as a jazz instrument, and even then the notes are too muddy.  For any other music style, it's just junk.  The notes has essentially  the same volume (not very loud) no matter how you attack it.

blehk... Anyway, just ranting.
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Fender American Stratocaster Delux
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Fender Mexican Telecaster
Rivera Sedon

I've always liked them as a change of pace, but not at that price. As usual for a Taylor, they seem overpriced.

They have a nice tone in a quiet room. I suspect they were designed with amplification in mind.

I do like the way they play though.

Paolo

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin to slit throats. "

Bil Mitchell HG 00 -  all Walnut
Everett Laurel O
Larri LV05MT
Larri LV09 Custom All Walnut
Larri LV-03RE-12
Larri J05
Larri SE Parlor Walnut
Tacoma C3C - peeling finish
Martin 000-17

Got any pics?
2004 Larrivee Parlor BW
2003 Larrivee L-03 BW
2002 Larrivee D-03 BW x 2

I'm used to classical style or flamenco nylon strings - my main instrument, really. The Taylors left me flat. Very nicely made and playable, as taylors tend to be, but the acoustic sound was just un-exciting. Probably amp well, though.

They did actually play very nice in terms of comfort, I thought the action was a bit on the high side (average for nylon, but high for Taylor), but was very playable.  Yes it looked nice too.

Nevertheless, the sound is just boring, you can find 300 dollar plywood back guitars that will blow this thing out of the water, volume and tone.  And when I saw the price you had to pay for the sound you get, I almost choked myself ( I am sure the salesman would have taken off another 1 or 200 bones, but it is still way overpriced).

Ther are several lines of Taylors I like, but this is gotta to be one of the worst attempt at a classical, even if it's a crossover.  Worst of all, for the longest time I was looking forward to trying one of these cross overs.  Like some of you say, it may sound better amplified, but what a waste of the acoustic body.
Larrivee LSV-05
Larrivee LV-09FM
Larrivee CS-30
Yamaha Chronos LL-16
Yamaha Pacifica 112J
Martin LX-1
Fender American Stratocaster Delux
Fender Mexican Stratocaster
Fender Mexican Telecaster
Rivera Sedon

Overpriced, Undertoned, Typical Taylor

i tried one of those baby taylors in a store once and was quite unimpressed seeing the neck bolts bolted right through the fretboard....blah....it made me appreciate the larrivee parlor alot more.

QuoteOverpriced, Undertoned, Typical Taylor
Hmmm.

<_<  
Phil

"History is something that never happened, written by someone who wasn't there."

R. Taylor Style 1 WR
Taylor T5-C Cocobolo
Taylor GS Custom
Taylor PG-LTD
Taylor 600-SPEC
Taylor 510-LTD
Taylor 510 Cocobolo
Taylor 412-M

Quotei tried one of those baby taylors in a store once and was quite unimpressed seeing the neck bolts bolted right through the fretboard....blah....it made me appreciate the larrivee parlor alot more.
While I don't like playing a Baby Taylor (the fret board is too small for my hands), I don't think it's really set up to compete with the Parlor.  I've owned both and the Parlor is far superior, but it's also solid wood and set up to be played like a "regular" guitar.  The Baby Taylor isn't.

What is IS good for is traveling (it's darn hard to hurt it) and use by kids with small hands.  The bolt on neck works just fine, and the exposed screw heads is one of the reasons the price is kept down.  Comparing it to a Parlor is very close to apples and oranges.
Phil

"History is something that never happened, written by someone who wasn't there."

R. Taylor Style 1 WR
Taylor T5-C Cocobolo
Taylor GS Custom
Taylor PG-LTD
Taylor 600-SPEC
Taylor 510-LTD
Taylor 510 Cocobolo
Taylor 412-M

QuoteOverpriced, Undertoned, Typical Taylor
Hmmm.

<_<
Umm...yeah...but it looks good one you.  ;)  
My Guitars
Larrrivee OM-03
Seagull M6 Gloss
http://photos.yahoo.com/rttadlock