Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Crossover Guitar  (Read 728 times)
Yurinaut

Ignore
« on: May 05, 2005, 12:49:16 PM »

A friend of mine is in a band and was looking for something that would sound good as an electric (and sound like an actual electric) and sound good as an acoustic when needed. I know the T5 comes to mind but it's too expensive. Looking for something under a grand.

He read about the SST but it sounds much more like an acoustic according to the guys on the Gibson board he spoke to. I also checked out the Godin A6 and that's fits the same bill as the SST. A Variax is not an option (too quirky). :blink:

Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks
Mike  

Larrivee LV-05E
Martin 00CXAEBlack
La Patrie Concert Classical
Harmony Archtone Archtop (glued and screwed)
Gibson Melody Maker (dual pickup - Vintage Sunburst)
http://caliberguitars.com/Guitar/Larrivee
Zach
Admin

« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2005, 01:34:57 PM »

It sounds like he's looking for an electric with a piezo pickup.  Some options are the Godin Solidac, Hamer Duotone (used), most Parkers,  Yamaha RGX820z, Fender Power Tele, etc.  A used USA Duotone would be my first choice, but it may be hard to find.  The Godin is very nice, and would be about half of his price limit new.

Otherwise, you're correct.  The SST and the A6 are meant to be acoustic guitars.

Zach
Randy_R
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2005, 01:58:01 PM »

Rickenbacker makes a model with a piezo bridge in addition to the regular pickups.

Randy R., Georgia, USA
Opinions available. Inquire about qty discount.
Forum Guitar III LS03 #15 ser no 108519
Yurinaut

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2005, 03:04:31 PM »

Thanks everyone. I've sent my friend a link to this thread. I'm certain he can get some good leads on a possible dual use guitar. I got a few ideas myself! :P

Thanks again,
Mike  

Larrivee LV-05E
Martin 00CXAEBlack
La Patrie Concert Classical
Harmony Archtone Archtop (glued and screwed)
Gibson Melody Maker (dual pickup - Vintage Sunburst)
http://caliberguitars.com/Guitar/Larrivee
Fergy07
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2005, 04:00:58 PM »

Boy, talk about not understanding the topic from header info. Here I was ready to go glowing on about my Breedlove SN20, which is a nylon string cross over guitar. I was a little surprised by the actual topic details....but hey if you want a great nylon string cross over guitar, I'd highly recommend it.

Andy

Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: