"el Paso" Tab

Started by davidsowk, May 01, 2005, 11:45:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am searching for an accurate tab of the guitar playing in the Marty Robbins song "El Paso".  I have found a number of chords and lyrics pages and a couple of wildly inaccurate tabs.  Can anyone help?

Sorry, I can't help you with tab, but I have to say that is a great song.
Now you've inspired me to learn it.
L-04 koa
L-03-12
Parlor (mahogany)
Forum III MT
Yamaha FG-180
Gretsch Sundown Serenade
Fender Stratocaster

I'm learning it too but it can save a lot of time if someone has already written the parts out.  I'm still hoping for help.

http://www.powertabs.net/pta.php?page=artist,357

Download the power tab editor... it will play the whole tab for you.  If it was tabbed by someone who knows what they are doing, you can view all the chord fingerings of the song too.

Looks like a pretty good challenge, and sounds right on.
05 Larrivee LV-05 (L.R. Baggs Imix)
03 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24
99 Fender DG-24 MA
Mesa Boogie Road King II Head & Mesa Road King 2x12 Cab

What format is this viewable in? Lyrics come out OK rest is a scrambled mess????

You have to download the powertab editor

http://www.power-tab.net/downloads.php
05 Larrivee LV-05 (L.R. Baggs Imix)
03 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24
99 Fender DG-24 MA
Mesa Boogie Road King II Head & Mesa Road King 2x12 Cab

hI -- I think I still have a copy of a very accurate transcription with regular notation and tab from an old Guitar Player magazine; if you don't get what you want online, let me know and I'll send you a copy.

richard

QuotehI -- I think I still have a copy of a very accurate transcription with regular notation and tab from an old Guitar Player magazine; if you don't get what you want online, let me know and I'll send you a copy.

richard
I have it someplace as well, but I think it was from a short-lived magazine Country Guitar or something like that. Maybe not. I could probably dig it out if you need it. Please let me know.
Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP :crying:
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Gretsch Tennessee Rose
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi

Thank you to everyone for your help.  I downloaded the Power tab version and it appears complete.  I had started to learn this song by the old, tried and true method of playing and replaying the song until I could "get" the part I was working on and it always interests me to see the differences between what I hear and what someone else "hears" and transcribes.  Of course on the guitar you can play the same notes various ways, some easier than others.  It might be interesting to compare the various versions.

Once again, thank you to everyone, especially parsky1, rich and dbirchett for your help and consideration.