Why So Many Guitars For Some Folks?

Started by Caleb, April 26, 2005, 08:31:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred its a 17 botom bout archtop in sunburst with 2 pickups.I thing a pix is on the website.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Different tools, for different jobs.
I love my Telecasters, always have...always will. But every now and again, I may want to hear a different tone, or a song/gig will require a different guitar sound ie;Stratocaster out of phase tone, Six string Bass , Lap steel ect.
My 87 Tele is plain worn out from years on the road,my 97' is still kickin but the sound is a little dull for how I play now, my new Tele is everything I want in an electric. They all have different characteristics and sounds. It's no different from a workshop stocked with a good varitey of tools,really. I'm sure it's the same for folks who play acoustic most of the time; mahogany will sound different from rosewood, an "L" from a Dreadnaught, an OM from a Jumbo.... again,different tools for different jobs. Sometimes you fingerpick,sometimes you strum. Some folks just like(and have the means) to have specific guitars for specific things.
I'd LOVE to find a guitar that makes me forsake all others, (it'd take up less room THAT's for sure!!!) , but I haven't.
I looks at the stands in my guitar room and see spiceracks filled with different flavors. Some songs need a Tele...some need Oregano!!! ;)
Ian
Larrivee L-05[brGitane' DG-300 & DG-250 ] 2009 Fender RW Telecaster (Barden pickups/bridge)
97 Telecaster Plus
87 Telecaster
01 Warmoth Tele

01 Danelectro Baritone
  DR.Z MAZ 38 SR,
Visual Sound Route 66/H2o[Breedlove 00 Mandolin,Banjo's,

"...never could stand that dog..."Tom Waits

Why ?

Because I can  :D  :lol:  :D  

10 Larrivee 00-03R 
09 CA Cargo
09 Taylor GA SS
06 Taylor 714CE
05 Santa Cruz OM S
04 Baby Taylor

I want one more guitar right now.  Another L-09E with the A2.2.  Why, because I love the sound and I finally have it dialed in on my church's sweet PA.  I want my back up to be the same quality as my primary guitar, and I don't want the sound tech to have to EQ from scratch.  

I'm not looking for a different sound just yet.  I'm more of a consistency freak; hence the desire for a twin sister to my L-09E. :-)

God bless,
Josh
2005 Larrivee L-09E (B-Band A2.2)
Radial J48 DI
Mogami Cables

Going back to the original question, I'd have to say that different guitars fit different moods I'm in. Not every guitar sounds or plays the same, and I'm not always in the same mood. Depending on my currrent mood, I'll pick a certain guitar. When I tire of that one, I can easily reach for the next.

So, much as two days are not the same, no two guitars are the same. Each needs there proper space. (wow, maybe I should start taking some philosophy courses or something. I do have a friend who has a bachelors and masters in philosophy, if that counts, he drives a Greyhound bus which probably gives him time to think)

Andy
Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple