Woo Hoo! New John Prine!

Started by ducktrapper, April 22, 2005, 02:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fair & Square will be released April 26th. Nine years since his last album of new songs. I'm pumped. He's still not a poet though.

"Townes Van Zandt, Bob Dylan, Leonard Cohen - they are poets," he said. "I am just a man who really enjoys words. I love telling stories. I have the gift of gab. I am now, and always have been a songwriter. Poetry has to many shackles and chains dragging behind it.

"Music is easier, and easy is good, no matter which way you turn it."

Can't wait..... :D  
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Great news indeed. Not a poet? Yeah right.

Hoooooooooooooot diggity dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah I always look forward to a new Prine album and except for maybe German Afternoons, I haven't been disappointed. Even GA has grown on me some since.
Now a new Dylan in the fall would be great. And then it's maybe only eight years to a new Jesse Winchester CD!   B)  

Oh, this will be a good week!!!!  A new John Prine CD.... man, I am the biggest Prine fan living!!!  I cannot pick up a guitar without doing at least 1 Prine song everytime.  I can really relate to him... I don't have a great voice and his song are relatively easy to play and sing.  And they may make me laugh or they make me sad, but they always move me.  I could go on and on...

And, a new Springsteen acoustic album as well... like I said, it's going to be a good week!!!

NewStrings
Lord of the STRINGS * Kronbauer TDK *  Taylor 614ce  *  Larrivee LV-03RE  *  Taylor 810ce  *  Martin D-18 Custom  *  Gibson ES - Les Paul  *  Gibson J-45  *  Fender Telecaster  *  Jason Romero banjo  *   National Estralita Resonator * Muth mandolin

Sounds pretty good so far. I have it on with headphones. He's not stretching by any reach (ha ha) but it's nice stuff. Oddly though, it has two bonus tracks. How does that work? Doesn't an album have to be re-released to have bonus tracks? Funny! My first album shall be entitled "Bonus Tracks".    

prine?  great news!  2nd the emotion.
Santa Cruz PJ
Martin om28v
Martin 0018vs
Bourgeois 'Alan Simpson' Slope Dread
Martin LXM (on loan)