Different Strings

Started by wyodeb, April 22, 2005, 10:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tried new strings on Pete last night. I had been using Dean Markley GoldBronze, but I tried the GoldPhos this time. Wow!!! Sarah was laying on my bed, and looked up. She said "Mom, what did you do?!" A much fuller, richer sound. It sounded so good, I played for 2 more hours (I had already had a worship team rehearsal for an hour earlier in the evening). My fingers are a little sore this morning, but it did my spirits good to play. Work has been incredibly stressful lately. Guitar is a great antidote to stress!

Deb
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

Deb--I like all of the Markleys I've tried. Rob knows his strings! I seem to like the Alchemy on some guitars too. Have you tried them?
Right now, I am in a John Pearse mood with my Santa Cruz. I like trying out different strings on each guitar.
--Fred

Cool, I'm too chicken to try a change of string type. Sounds pretty drastic (that and I'm fairly cheap and some of these other strings cost some serious chump change).

Andy
Larrivee OM9
Larrivee PO-09 Koa
Breedlove SN20
Webber 000 Cedar/Maple

http://www.stringsandbeyond.com

Cheap enough to try lots of different strings :)  Quick and friendly, too.

Both of the Dean Markley strings I mentioned above are Alchemy strings, just different flavors. I really like them. Except on my parlor. On that I haven't found anything I like better than DR Rare. But I try different ones occasionally anyhow.

Deb
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

QuoteRight now, I am in a John Pearse mood with my Santa Cruz. I like trying out different strings on each guitar.
--Fred
i was totally devoted to john pearse strings -- until i tried the bulk martins from www.stringthis.com. the phospor bronz strings sound better than the jp's, and i didn't think that was possible. for about $18, with shipping, you can try out 4 sets of them. next time im going to buy the set of 12 for $30. great prices on great stings.  

Hmmm, the Martins, huh?
I'll have to look at that. Thanks!
Deb, you are right. I tried both Alchemys and they are great strings.
--Fred