Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Om/pw Gauge?  (Read 786 times)
tubeornot2b

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2005, 08:45:42 PM »

I went for it on the OM/PW. It came with very light gauge strings. Seller said they are EXP lights, feel like extra lights to me.

I am curious what gauges are being used by some of the OM/PW owners out there>Fredmando? egordon99? or any others?

Thanks all,
Albert
TaylorFishin'

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 02:11:35 AM »

Albert,

I always used lights on mine. If you want a little added low end, the new Medium/Lights work well on the OM/PW too.

Scott
chris

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 10:42:56 AM »

Usually D'Addario custom lights on mine (.011-.052). This guitar is lightly built and very responsive, and I don't feel the need for a heavier gauge. Even extra lights (.010) still sound good as long as I don't play in lowered tunings.  
Fredmando
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2005, 03:00:53 PM »

I am using the John Pearse lights on mine. I think there is another level of light strings that JP makes. They mention it on the Santa Cruz Forum and the set has a little heavier gauge in the middle four strings, if I rememeber correctly.
You might ask on that forum if anyone has gone with mediums on the OM/PW. I can't see any reason for it, myself. This thing is a boomer with these lights on it.
I tried some Martin Marquies on it first, but they didn't seem as nice as the JP's. I am going to try to get some Markleys on it some time.
These are great guitars. Enjoy yours.  You know about the dating under the soundboard near the crossbrace, right? There is a post about dating the guitar (sounds wrong, doesn't it? :o ) on the SC Forum by Richard Hoover.
By the way, Santa Cruz is very good about answering questions on either their forum or via the phone.
-Fred
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: