Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Guitar Saddle Website  (Read 1619 times)
orsino
Gold Member

Ignore
« on: February 23, 2004, 01:43:57 AM »

http://www.guitarsaddles.com/

-CM-

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 06:03:12 AM »

I've posted this before, but it's worth posting again:
You can get a compensated bone saddle from FQMS (fqms.com) for $5.98. (part #GA3WPC). No typo, that's the price.

Fstpicker

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 05:05:07 AM »

I'm not certain which compensation that FQMS  has...Martin's or Larrivee/Taylor's? Makes a difference. I think it is the Larrivee/Taylor one if I'm not mistaken.

jeff

Stanford PSD10 (best Martin D-18 copy out there!)
Stanford PSD20
Walden D552 12-string
The Loar LM-400VS Mandolin
MJG

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 08:47:25 PM »

I've posted this before, but it's worth posting again:
You can get a compensated bone saddle from FQMS (fqms.com) for $5.98. (part #GA3WPC). No typo, that's the price.
FQMS saddles are not the same quality as a saddle from Bob Colosi.  It's apples and oranges in terms of quality.  Granted I'm not an expert, but I've heard and trust from those that are.

I am however, a very satisfied customer.  As Bob's first customer, I installed one of his saddles and it is wonderful.  The quality of the saddle, the instructions he provides, the incredible customer service all adds up to a very good experience.  I will go to Bob for every saddle I need to replace/buy.

Mike <><
Imapickn

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2004, 01:11:12 PM »

I have bought the FQMS bone saddles in the past, and they are pretty good value. They are machine made and you still have to do a little work on them, but they are..... OK...    BUT.. Bob's saddles seem to be a more dense, harder bone. They are hand made and finished to a wonderful look and feel. You will have to do a final fit, which Bob makes easy with his tech sheets that he sends with every saddle.  Well worth the few dollars more, in my opinion.
  That said, I don't like bone saddles on EVERY guitar I have. I have them on some of my Larrivees, a few of my Taylors and one on a finger style Martin.  They bring clarity and volume to my sonic party, buy I find that a few guitars lose a bit of the bottom boom with bone. If I want the volume and clarity, and can afford a wee bit of bottom loss, then I put on bone..  But that' just me..
  But if you want a quality bone saddle for your guitar,  at a reasonable price,  Bob has everyone beat... No hype,.... just fact...    "Try it, you'll like it"
Don
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: