Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LS-35 Question  (Read 51 times)
Supernowski

Ignore
« on: Today at 06:59:07 PM »

Hey Everyone,

So I am selling my Larrivee LS-35 made in 1996. I have the manufacturer information from there website, but I'm not certain on the value of the guitar at the moment.

I know that it was made in Canada since it was before theyoved to the U.S. in 2001, and I believe it was made by Jean himself (not positive though).
We
I contacted Larrivee through email, and he told me he couldn't tell me the resale value, but he did tell me the replacement value is $3,500, which he stated is what you would buy it today for new. Could anyone provide me with more information on this? As to resale value, rarity, etc.?

S# 18617
Made February 15th, 1996
Model LS-35
Contains less than 10kg Dalbergia Latifolia from India

Link to eBay/pictures

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F153194723024
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #1 on: Today at 07:24:40 PM »

Welcome to the Larrivee Forum, Supernowski.
Let's temporarily host this on the Larrivee Guitar Board for discussion as you have requested input from other forumites.
Then once you establish your selling price, you can put it up on the For Sale Board.
Guitars on the For Sale board must have include a selling price, as stated in the rules.
Very nice guitar, by the way.
Supernowski

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Today at 07:25:49 PM »

No problem! Have you done that or do I need to re-post it?

Thanks!
Queequeg
Admin

« Reply #3 on: Today at 07:28:29 PM »

No problem! Have you done that or do I need to re-post it?
I've moved it now. You're good. 
Thanks!
B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Today at 08:50:18 PM »

Lovely guitar!! This is no fun to say, but after hearing the replacement value I think you may be disappointed about the resale. Larrivees don't have a particularly strong resale value, despite being fantastic guitars. Classical Larrivees are rare but not in high demand. Cracks significantly hurt the value and reduce the potential buyer pool greatly. Many people won't even consider a cracked guitar. I've seen classical Larrivees in great shape (meaning no cracks, minimal wear) go for around $1,100 to $1,300 on eBay and forums in recent years. I was surprised at how cheap those ones for so there's probably been some that have gone for more. If it were mine, I'd price it at $900 and gladly accept $800. Cracks are just murder on resale.

That's my perspective though. You'll see a variety of opinions and prices with uncommon items like this and much of it is about finding the right buyer at the right time.
Maybe some here have sold their classical Larrivees for more. The fact that you have 6 watchers on eBay is grea. Sometimes many of those will be people with similar items looking to see what others are selling for. But, it may also mean there's some people actively looking for these right now, which will really help you.

D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.
Supernowski

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:12:20 PM »

Fantastic response. Thanks for the input! I will definitely keep this in mind and adjust accordingly.

I'll do some more research and see what similar Larrivees are selling for.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: