Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone Know Who Matt Nathanson Is?  (Read 1020 times)
acoustic84

Ignore
« on: April 08, 2005, 05:20:39 PM »

Hey guys, just wondering how many of yall know who Matt Nathanson is.  he is a great folk singer/songwriter.  Ive been listening to him for around 6 years now.  He seems to be getting closer to becoming popular.  Hes opening for Tori Amos on a current tour right now.  His music is sorda like Jack Johnson, Howie Day, Ben Harper, and John Mayer.  I think hes toured with some of those guys as well.  But anyways, if you don't know who he is go to www.mattnathanson.com to find out more about him and his music.  

Nathan

D-03r (Rosie)
parsky1

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2005, 05:33:56 PM »

The only song I have heard by him is "Laid" off the American Wedding Soundtrack.

Interesting lyrics to say the least. :unsure:  

05 Larrivee LV-05 (L.R. Baggs Imix)
03 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24
99 Fender DG-24 MA
Mesa Boogie Road King II Head & Mesa Road King 2x12 Cab
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2005, 05:47:52 PM »

i like his stuff pretty good. some of the songs about relationships get a bit redundant, but hes got some tasty melodies and hooks in there, thats for sure. i have a burned cd with about 20 of his songs on it. i dont know the names of an of them, but i like lots of them. hes got a pretty unique voice too, which i like.

i think he plays larrivees too.  
acoustic84

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2005, 06:11:17 PM »

"Laid" was a cover song I believe.  I cant remember who origanally sang it but whoever did was popluar.  Yea, he does go overboard on some of his songs but he definetly has some catchy music.  If you havent heard "Little Victories", thats a song you really need to here.  Just buy a couple of his cd's, you won't be dissapointed.  And yea, Ive wondered what guitars he plays.  Im pretty sure he has a 12 string mahogany Guild but other than that I dunno.

D-03r (Rosie)
Caleb
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2005, 06:27:37 PM »

If you havent heard "Little Victories"
i have figured out the title of that tune.....pretty easy to do so. strange, thats probably my least favorite tune of his that ive heard. different strokes, i suppose.  
chtaylo2

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2005, 12:11:42 PM »

Matt's main guitar is a Taylor 655 12-string.  He also plays a Galloup 6 string.  He's currently in the new issue of Acoustic Guitar in the 12-string review article too.  For those that don't know his music, definitely pick up his last cd "Beneath These Fireworks".  But don't think you'll be picking something up that sounds like Mayer or Jack Johnson.  I really don't think there's much of a comparison other than they all play acoustic guitar.  Matt's playing style is aggressive strumming and open chords up and down the neck.  Glad to see a thread on Matt!

-Chris
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: