Phil Keaggy..dallas..this Sunday!!

Started by sc morris, February 20, 2004, 11:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

:o   This Sunday night, 6pm at Stonebriar Community Church in Frisco, TX.  Show is FREE! If your in the area, do yourself a favor and check out Phil's live show.  It is simply amazing!!!  

Just a heads up if your in the North Texas area!
"I would never join a club that would allow me to be a member"
 Groucho Marx

Larrivee D-03 Blackwood w/ K&K Pure Western

I did the same about 8 yrs. back;  Keggy was playing for $3 at a local friend's church, and we were definitely not going to miss it.  It was a phenominal show...no matter what religion you are!  He does some very fine composing/playing.

naboz

So... How was it? Those of us stuck up in Northern Wyoming want to know!! I'll bet it was awesome!

Deb :D  
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

the show was simply incredible!! Phil always delivers what you expect and a little more. the only guitar he played was his Olson with the bird inlays....which kept going out of tune like crazy. but with the way he plays, i don't see how any guitar could hold tune for very long. he did a killer version of "here comes the sun" by dear old George. it was a real crowd pleaser. "salvation army band" was just awesome. "what a day" was about 15 long with several "jam" breaks with his trusty looping unit. he played for about an hour. took a break while a guy gave a littel message and when he came back out, he pulled out all the stops. he did a version of "sunday school" that was just insane....also about 15 minuts long. he ended the show with "true believers" which was just a great way to end the show. he seemed to be in a really good mood, told lots of jokes, and never took himself too seriously. he really kept it loose and lively. the church where the show was isn't really all that big, so it was a pretty intimate environment. overall a really good show that i'm glad i did not miss.
 Groucho Marx

I saw him at our church a couple mos. ago....he played just his Langejans. He forgot the words to a song....and a woman from the audience sang the part to him, he said thanks....we all laughed, and he was off and runnin' again. He played Here Comes the Sun, after I'd mentioned to my wife that Phil looks a bit like Paul, and also that Phil would have fit in with the Beatles.

Great performance as always. What a neat guy....a bit of a hero to many guitarists! (Me too).  :D  
Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.

QuoteI'd mentioned to my wife that Phil looks a bit like Paul, and also that Phil would have fit in with the Beatles.
I always thought his voice was very similar to Paul's as well.  
 Groucho Marx

Exactly...me too!
Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.