Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gotta Add My Two Favorites: Petros And Doolin  (Read 1516 times)
BW dreaming

Ignore
« on: July 09, 2003, 06:53:36 AM »

www.petrosguitars.com

www.doolinguitars.com

Also, the luthier John Mayes is a great guitar, and a lot of people like his guitars.  www.mayesguitars.com

sigurdd44

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2003, 07:37:46 PM »

I just acquired a Petros Applecreek FS (traded a Goodall GC... but let me tell you, I made out O-KAY)

The Petros is truly wonder ful axe. Lots of cool, unique features (the arched top/back, etc.) the Standard marquetry (rope) binding is way cool, plus cocoabola tuning knobs. For a small guitar, it sounds awesome... one that wants to you just stay there and play some more. It's a couple years old and the sound is definitely rounded out; great bottom end for such a small, comfortable guitar.  this one has Claro Walnut back/sides. Smells and looks great. Curiously, it does not come with a pickguard, but since it is primarily a finger-style, there is little need for that.

Anywhoo...keep an eye out for this maker (and he's a Wisconsin native!)

Gibson J-185 (2002)
sawdustdave

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2004, 02:55:47 PM »

I met Bruce Petros a year ago. He's the local Martin Authorized Luthier, and he did a warranty setup on my SWDGT. When he finished he asked whether I wanted to try a "real" guitar. Being a woodworker, how could I say no?

Man, he gave me an FS to try.

Nice!

There's really nothing that need be added to that! A sweet little box! He makes some truly nice guitars.

Now, if I only had the money....

Dave

Dave

Martin JC-16WE
Larrivee OM-03D
Walden C2010
Taylor GS-Mini Hog
bevo

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2004, 03:50:54 PM »

John Mayes guitars are awesome.  enough said.  hahaha. :D

www.mayesguitars.com