Eddie From Ohio

Started by wyodeb, April 02, 2005, 08:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyone else discover them? If you have a wireless internet connection you can listen to their music at http://www.efohio.com/

I really like their sound!

Deb
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

Hey Deb--This is good stuff. I love finding new bands.
Recently, I found the Blue Merles. The lead singer has kind of a
"Cold Play" sound so some of my friends don't dig it. But, I like
the mandolin and fiddle.

they've been playing at The Ark in Ann Arbor a couple times a year for quite some time now......I have seen them three times,  I think.......very entertaining and "different" ;)
Charis SJ Koa/Sitka
Mcknight/Poling GC Koa/Italian
Loriente Clarita EIR/Euro spruce

"One small heart, and a great big soul that's drivin"

Quotethey've been playing at The Ark in Ann Arbor a couple times a year for quite some time now......I have seen them three times,  I think.......very entertaining and "different" ;)
Some of their stuff reminds me of another favorite group — "Trout Fishing in America"

BTW, if any of you have any small people in your house, the Trout Fishing album "Family Music Party" is a hoot! It is still one of our favorites on car trips. Fun music, great musicians with a great sense of humor. Not your typical "kiddie fare."

Deb
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

:D I LOVE EFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They're one  of my wife and I's favorite bands. We've only seen them twice, but we have all of their albums and never grow tired of them.

Have you seen this page - http://jjrrutgers.tripod.com/EFOTab.html ?

I love how they go from really serious stuff (Jerusalm, This is Me from the latest album) to quirky stuff (Horse, Very Fine Funeral, The Bridge) and stuff in between (The Three Fine Daughters of Farmer Brown). Mike and Robbie are brilliant songwriters, and Julie is an F'ing Amazing singer...(and Eddie sure can bang on those drum-things)

Unfortunately, Robbie plays a T*ylor, but we'll forgive him!
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.evangordon.com
Larrivee OM03R
Santa Cruz OM/PW
1992 Martin D16H
1956 Martin 00-18
Taylor 512
Baby Taylor
Guild D25

I've been a long-time fan of EFO!!  Being in their backyard (northern Virginia) makes it easy to see them as much as they play here, which isn't as much as it used to be.  They used to play a now-defunct club called Bad Habits every Tuesday nights, and the cover was only $5.  Since they've had a good bit of success, they're on the road more, but we see them every time they do play here.  I've seen them probably 20-30 time and have never been disappointed.  Their latest album "This is Me" is in my opinion their best to date!  Robbie Schaeffer (their guitarist) is simply fantastic, even though he plays a Taylor 710.

If you're looking for a great "alternative folk" (their term) band, I highly recommend them!