Anybody Played A Maple Larrivee

Started by scrank, February 19, 2004, 08:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I'm thinking about ordering a maple D-size Larrivee. Was wondering if anyone has played a maple Larrivee and could describe the sound.

We've had ever style in stock at one time or another.I really like maple bodies.I own a P Anderson OM very distinctive tone stronger mid's then what you find in other woods.Everyone thinks that maple is to brite but for me the added mid's is what it's all about.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

One of the last Larrivee's at our local Guitar Center was maple back and sides. It was a large bodied venetian cutaway....spruce top. I liked it better than anything they had out....and it didn't last too long, someone snatched it up.
It was bright, but not overly so....clear and loud, and dry. I liked it!  
Don't take no wooden nickles, and don't put beans in your ears.

My husband has a maple Guild, and the thing I have noticed most is the clarity of individual strings--not at all muddy. I'm not sure I'd like maple on a small-bodied guitar--maybe too bright, but I didn't think I'd like koa too well, either, and now I have 2 of them...

The natural finish maple sure is pretty!

Deb
Larrivee OM-03PA
Larrivee Parlor 01K
Taylor 412e-R

The reason I'm looking is I've played a D-size maple in the past from another manufacturer and really liked the sound.

It was crisp and balanced from bass to treble. I could get nice bass tones if I played hard and when I did high leads it just sang. A great strumming guitar for my style.

On the other hand I've tried out various maple guitars at guitar stores that were totally dead or muted sounding and that is not what I'm after.