Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Eric Skye  (Read 720 times)
hcole

Ignore
« on: April 17, 2005, 08:04:41 PM »

As a sidenote to another post, I mentioned that my guitar instructor had recently released a new CD titled For Lulu.  If you're into solo acoustic guitar you should check it out.  I've never been a huge fan of instrumental music but I enjoy this CD quite a bit.  If you frequent the AGF you might already be aware of this but I thought I'd mention it here too.  http://www.ericskye.com
Jim Tozier

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 10:56:38 PM »

I'll second that recommendation!  Eric is a very talented acoustic jazz player; you're fortunate to have a teacher like that, hcole!  :)

Eric's first CD is great, too . . . but the new one is just jaw-dropping good.  His playing is truly inspiring to me.  How inspiring?  Well, one of the songs on my new CD is titled "Skylight" . . . because it's like Eric's playing, with all the good stuff taken out.  :)

orsino
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2005, 03:12:26 AM »

Wow hcole, I didn't know Eric was your teacher! You and Jim are right on the money. As an aside, Jim's Skylight doesn't have ANY of the good stuff taken out!

hcole

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2005, 04:33:50 AM »

Jim and Orsino, you guys are right. I am pretty lucky to have Eric as a teacher.  I've only been taking lessons from him for about two months but I feel my knowledge has really grown by leaps and bounds in that time.  His teaching style really suits me and he teaches things in a practical manner where I understand how to use the things he teaches me.  If anyone is ever looking for instruction in the Portland area I highly recommend him.
orsino
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2005, 05:47:11 PM »

I was at the AOM seminar last year in Portland and was very disappointed that I didn't have time to hook up with Eric. Tell him Orsino says "hey"!

hcole

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2005, 03:47:26 PM »

On my lesson on Wednesday Eric complimented me on my tone while fingerpicking.  It really makes my day when a great player has nice things to say about my playing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: