Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Larrivee's And Celebrities  (Read 4324 times)
mjvincent

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2004, 12:36:41 PM »

Seems to me like most country artists play Takamines.  I sure hope they're getting paid for that  :D

no joke!!! it's Tak's as far as the eye can see in country music!! i have often wondered why this is....  i'm sure Tak is shelling out free guitars left and right, with the promise of more on demand if they play them in the videos and such.  have you ever played that Garth Brooks model???  i'll just say this, it would have made really pretty fire wood. :blink:  :huh:  :o

Before I got my Larrivee I was playing a Takamine EG-530SC Acoustic Electric Cutaway Guitar and I thought I was in hog heaven...  Until I went into my local "GAS" store and Ted told me I have this new guitar for you to look at... Well I picked up the guitar with a strange name I didn't know how to pronounce and I was ruined!  I didn't love my Tak anymore.  I only had eyes for that strange dark French Canadian babe! Well it took another 4-6 months for me to convince her to come home with me and I left the ole tak browsing in the store.  Last time I heard someone picked her up for with a song and dance (I think a few dollars exchanged hands too).

Strange thing is my Canadian mistress tells me she has many sisters and I could browse around and have my pick of them if I so desire... My only problem with all of this is coming up with the cash to convince them to stay with me!

Mike Jones

Larrivee D-03R
K&K Pure Western P/U
Seagull S 12+
Ultrasound Ag30P
ESP EC 100-QM
Webstrings Lights
slim

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2004, 11:27:05 PM »

Seems to me like most country artists play Takamines.  I sure hope they're getting paid for that  :D

no joke!!! it's Tak's as far as the eye can see in country music!! i have often wondered why this is....  i'm sure Tak is shelling out free guitars left and right, with the promise of more on demand if they play them in the videos and such.  have you ever played that Garth Brooks model???  i'll just say this, it would have made really pretty fire wood. :blink:  :huh:  :o

Before I got my Larrivee I was playing a Takamine EG-530SC Acoustic Electric Cutaway Guitar and I thought I was in hog heaven...  Until I went into my local "GAS" store and Ted told me I have this new guitar for you to look at... Well I picked up the guitar with a strange name I didn't know how to pronounce and I was ruined!  I didn't love my Tak anymore.  I only had eyes for that strange dark French Canadian babe! Well it took another 4-6 months for me to convince her to come home with me and I left the ole tak browsing in the store.  Last time I heard someone picked her up for with a song and dance (I think a few dollars exchanged hands too).

Strange thing is my Canadian mistress tells me she has many sisters and I could browse around and have my pick of them if I so desire... My only problem with all of this is coming up with the cash to convince them to stay with me!
Do you live in Utah?    afro  
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2004, 03:52:13 AM »

Fisherman,

I'm sorry to hear the discount situation is so bad in the UK.  Here in the US, you can usually walk into a store with a check written out for 30% less than list and pretty much guarantee that you will walk out of the store with the gear in hand.

In early 2001, that's how I got my Larrivee L-03-E, with case, for $730, out the door, taxes included.

EM Shorts was selling them at that price on-line (actually a little less - I paid the sales tax) and I went in to the local store with their price list in hand and the check made out after I decided on the L-03-E they had on the floor for a couple of days.  I had pre-ordered an OM-02-E, but it was taking forever to come in and I fell in love with the little bit of extra bass output of the L.

Actually, this is how I bought most of my music gear that is new stuff.  I learned this lesson the hard way.  I bought my first synthesizer at the list price in the store (I was a 1st year college student).  A buddy of mine that was in a band for years almost keeled over when he heard that I paid list.  He taught me the 'write out the check first' lesson of buying music gear.  It's worked ever since.

Of course you get the groans from the shopkeeper that you are ripping him off, etc.  However, they always sell me the gear.  If it's killing them to sell it at that price, then they shouldn't sell it.  I honor their efforts with future sales.

-Scott

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
dbirchett
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2004, 04:27:17 AM »

I just did a search for Leslie West and he's not listed in the artist section here's the curent list

http://www.takamine.com/?fa=artists
Leslie West endorses Larrivees as far as I know. They used him in some ads with a J model.

Don

Larrivée D-09BW
Larrivée LV-03BW
Larrivée OM-03K
Larrivée LV-03-12
Martin D-18 RIP crying
Mossman Tennessee 12
Gretsch Chet Atkins DC
Fender Am. Stratocaster
Guild X-170T Manhattan
Fender 90s Telecaster Custom
Guild Starfire 5
Gretsch 5422 12 String
G&L ASAT Deluxe Semi
GTR Florentine Special
Ratishna
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2004, 05:06:33 PM »

Uhhhh...

This is the Larrivee forum, not the Takamine forum.   We're talking about Larrivee guitars (mostly).  West was featured in Larrivee advertising a few years back.

E. Shoaf
drathbun
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2004, 07:14:05 PM »

Not sure if she gets paid for it, but a Larrivee looks more beautiful on Michelle Wright than anyone IMHO.  :D

Michelle with her Larry:

http://members.shaw.ca/drathbun/images/mwpic.JPG

2016 Martin 000-28vs 12 fret

2014 Taylor 814ce

2014 Godin Multiac Classical

2012 Gibson "The Golden Age 1930's" SJ200

2012 Squier Vintage Modified 70's Jazz Bass

2010 Gretsch Electromatic G5122DC

2009 Taylor GA3-12e

2004 Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster

1981 Rickenbacker 320JG

1968 Yamaha FG150 Red La
rockstar_not
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2004, 03:17:59 PM »

I saw Natalie McMaster on CBC the other day and I swear her guitar player was playing an L body, but they never focused in on the headstock, so it was hard to tell.

-Scott

2000 L-03-E
2012 Epiphone Nighthawk Custom Reissue
1985 Peavey Milestone
2004 SX SPJ-62 Bass
2008 Valencia Solid Cedar Top Classical
2015 Taylor 414ce - won in drawing
2016 Ibanez SR655BBF

My Sound Cloud
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2004, 03:38:18 PM »

It can now be told. George Harrison, Chet Atkins,  Robert Johnson, Jimi Hendrix, Danny Gatton, Gram Parsons, Marcel Dadi, John Lennon, Charlie Christian, Maybelle Carter, Hank Williams and Groucho Marx all switched to Larrivées once they reached heaven. ;)  
ronmac
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2004, 05:16:00 PM »

I saw Natalie McMaster on CBC the other day and I swear her guitar player was playing an L body, but they never focused in on the headstock, so it was hard to tell.

-Scott
You are correct!

Brad Davidge plays an L09 with Natalie. When he is not on tour with Natalie, Brad plays with his brother, Jason. Yup, you guessed it, Jason also plays a Larrivee.

http://www.braddavidge.com/html/galleryframeset.htm

I am seeing a lot of Celtic players using Ls these days. They make great DADGAD rythym guitars!

Ron

Ron

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: