Pic of Forum VI and OM-50 JCL Special

Started by mike in lytle, January 12, 2023, 10:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hope the pic works.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

The pic looks fine!

What kind of strings are you using with those magnetic pickups?
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Quote from: Mikeymac on January 13, 2023, 12:36:45 AM
What kind of strings are you using with those magnetic pickups?
Same as I use all the time.
Curt Mangan or D'Addario 11-52 PB.
Though the OM-50 I just got today and haven't changed the strings yet. Just swapped the saddle, that is why it looks dirty.
Mike

And what kind of socks are you using on your wall hangers?  :humour:

Those guitars looks absolutely fantastic! Enjoy playing them, congrats!!
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
2023  Larrivee L-09

Is that Moonspruce on the OM-50? Beautiful pair!
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

What a pair of beauties!  :donut :donut2 :coffee

:nice guitar: :nice guitar:
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Stunning!
Larrivee OM-02
Larrivee P-03
Larrivee OM-03BH
Larrivee OM-05
Larrivee L-05

Very nice Mike.

Did I miss a NGD?
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
 Forum VI, & "others"

Quote from: Rockysdad on January 13, 2023, 06:38:13 PM
Very nice Mike.
Did I miss a NGD?
You didn't miss anything. I did the pic first, cause otherwise it didn't happen.
I just got the OM yesterday.
The OM was at Guitar Tex since the end of Nov, and I figured it might be a good match for the VI.
I played it and realized how good a guitar it is.
They gave me a really good trade-in for the LV-10, which I was going to sell anyhow.
Mike

Quote from: Riverbend on January 13, 2023, 05:42:29 AM
Is that Moonspruce on the OM-50? Beautiful pair!
It is indeed moonspruce, over very nice mahogany, and koa body binding, I think that is why it is called a "special".
Has a 4-1/4 inch sound hole, hybrid bracing and the JCL logo. The sound is killer.
Mike

Quote from: StringPicker6 on January 13, 2023, 05:37:50 AM
And what kind of socks are you using on your wall hangers?  :humour:
Those guitars looks absolutely fantastic! Enjoy playing them, congrats!!
All my old cotton socks get washed and reused for extra guitar padding, I normally remove them for pics, but I forgot.
Nothing but the best for the Larrivees!
Mike

Mike, those two guitars look nice hanging next to each other.

Good idea with the socks. I use the same cotton cloth diapers my kids wore 35 to 40 years ago for polishing my guitars. It's called repurposing.

Sorry, didn't intend to make fun of the socks. The way that we guitar lovers obsess over fun stuff like stings and pins and tuners, I was goofing around about sock brands. If I had the proper environment at home, I would love to hang up my guitars, but unfortunately I need to keep them in their cases. And I have definitely heard stories of rubber wall hangars staining finishes around the neck, so I totally subscribe to the sock technique.  :thumb
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
2023  Larrivee L-09

Quote from: StringPicker6 on January 14, 2023, 11:46:12 AM
Sorry, didn't intend to make fun of the socks. The way that we guitar lovers obsess over fun stuff like stings and pins and tuners, I was goofing around about sock brands. If I had the proper environment at home, I would love to hang up my guitars, but unfortunately I need to keep them in their cases. And I have definitely heard stories of rubber wall hangars staining finishes around the neck, so I totally subscribe to the sock technique.  :thumb
It is all in good fun, and you had a humor emoji.  :smile:
The sock thing started a few years ago when my floor stands "protective tubing" began falling apart.
I just got into the habit after that.
Mike

Wow, that forum guitar with the black tuners is really classy.  I love plain-looking guitars with cutaways especially.  That one is a keeper!

I agree, I think the L body with a Venetian cutaway is such a beautiful design. And I can't even do any fancy lead work up on the dusty end of the fretboard!
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
2023  Larrivee L-09

Quote from: Silence Dogood on January 15, 2023, 09:03:26 AM
Wow, that forum guitar with the black tuners is really classy.  I love plain-looking guitars with cutaways especially.  That one is a keeper!
Yes, the F-VI is definitely a keeper, when I recently took it in for it's "official" setup, the written receipt indicated the fret wear as "divots", ha ha.
So I have played it a lot.
Also, I mentioned in a previous thread about black polished tuners there were some minor problems getting the correct length threaded grommets and the washers were too thin, but I compensated. Also the string post is straight, not tapered, but that is not a major problem.
I like the black look, with the pins, pickup and tuners. It fit my vision.
Mike

Quote from: mike in lytle on January 15, 2023, 12:24:45 PM
Yes, the F-VI is definitely a keeper, when I recently took it in for it's "official" setup, the written receipt indicated the fret wear as "divots", ha ha.
So I have played it a lot.
Also, I mentioned in a previous thread about black polished tuners there were some minor problems getting the correct length threaded grommets and the washers were too thin, but I compensated. Also the string post is straight, not tapered, but that is not a major problem.
I like the black look, with the pins, pickup and tuners. It fit my vision.
Mike

Mike, what did the guys at Guitar Tex think of the Forum VI?
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
 Forum VI, & "others"

Quote from: Rockysdad on January 15, 2023, 01:17:55 PM
Mike, what did the guys at Guitar Tex think of the Forum VI?
To be honest, I don't remember. The store was quite busy during the visits where I was dropping off and picking up guitars they worked on, and I couldn't even plug them in and play them when picking them up cause it was busy in the store.
Mike

Mike, congratulations on the OM-50 Special.  It really looks like a killer guitar.  How would you describe the tone compared to other models you have had?  When I was searching for some sound samples on the net I came across this one which is likely your very guitar.

https://fb.watch/idkBvTpk0G/