1999 Parlor

Started by Ian Rossiter, August 23, 2022, 09:22:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I acquired a cool 1999 Parlor from L&M's gear finder a few months ago. It came out of one of the Vancouver shops, Used of course, but in great shape. The serial number is obscured by the battery clip of the pickup ( early 2000's Fishman would be my guess), so researching the serial number is a bit of a chore.
In 99', would it be considered a P-01??

Fantastic guitar btw; everyone who picks it up cannot put it down!! It's been in my hands daily around the house, and is even prominently featured in an upcoming Acoustic album I did for an Artist this summer. The Mic LOVES this guitar!!!
The neck is actually on the thicker side, and really comfortable. She's LOUD too!! Awesome fingerpicking instrument and works great as an all around guitar. I've used it Live too.
I love how unadorned it is,too. No fret dots, satin finish, Spruce/Mahogany body, clear guard. Somewhere along the way, it's tuners were changed to these weird, jellybean chrome things...gonna hunt down a proper set of Larrivée tuner's eventually.

Quote from: Ian Rossiter on August 23, 2022, 09:22:46 PM
I acquired a cool 1999 Parlor from L&M's gear finder a few months ago. It came out of one of the Vancouver shops, Used of course, but in great shape. The serial number is obscured by the battery clip of the pickup ( early 2000's Fishman would be my guess), so researching the serial number is a bit of a chore.
In 99', would it be considered a P-01??

Fantastic guitar btw; everyone who picks it up cannot put it down!! It's been in my hands daily around the house, and is even prominently featured in an upcoming Acoustic album I did for an Artist this summer. The Mic LOVES this guitar!!!
The neck is actually on the thicker side, and really comfortable. She's LOUD too!! Awesome fingerpicking instrument and works great as an all around guitar. I've used it Live too.
I love how unadorned it is,too. No fret dots, satin finish, Spruce/Mahogany body, clear guard. Somewhere along the way, it's tuners were changed to these weird, jellybean chrome things...gonna hunt down a proper set of Larrivée tuner's eventually.

I got mine in 99.  It is the one guitar I'll never pass along until I can't play it anymore. 

Ed

Sweet!!
So it's a P-01?? Or is is called something else??

My 2000 is called a O-01, which I understand to be the precursor to the Parlor. All I could find was a picture of its lovely walnut back.
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

Quote from: Ian Rossiter on August 23, 2022, 11:35:34 PM
Sweet!!
So it's a P-01?? Or is is called something else??

When I bought it, they were just called Parlor.  When I submitted my S/N for a build date several years later, it came back listed as an O-01.  I think they changed to P-01 in 2002 or 2003.

Ed

I just found a gig bag for it!!
Same era Larrivée bag with the Miami Vice Pink Logo on Kijiji!! It's headed my way now!!

Oh...and found a set of Larrivée tuners for it on Reverb too, they're on the way as well!!