Puppy Love

Started by Riverbend, August 04, 2022, 06:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

We lost our wonderful Lab and our awesome rescue mutt in the space of one week recently, and being confirmed dog (and cat) people, we brought this little bundle of love home yesterday. So far we're feeling like we got the pick of the litter. What a wonderful disposition she has shown us in her first day and night. Meet Stella! We'll be combing the shelters for one more once this one settles in.
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

Congratulations and great photos. As George Carlin used to say:

1) Did you ever notice, you never see a dog wearing a wristwatch.
2) what does your dog do on his/her day off?

Dogs are our best example of unconditional love.
No matter what kind of day you've had, each time you walk through the door she greets you as the greatest thing she has ever laid eyes on.

She's beautiful.
Allow me a bit of poetic license as I misquote Marlon Brando from On The Waterfront
Stella is "gonna be somebody!"

Beautiful new dog! I hope Stella can help and offer some healing from your recent losses....  Stella is a great name. If you get another dog, may I suggest the name banjo? I always wanted a dog named banjo.  :smile:
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
2023  Larrivee L-09

Quote from: StringPicker6 on August 04, 2022, 09:01:11 AM
Beautiful new dog! I hope Stella can help and offer some healing from your recent losses....  Stella is a great name. If you get another dog, may I suggest the name banjo? I always wanted a dog named banjo.  :smile:
"Banjo" Paterson,(born 17 February 1864) was an Australian bush poet, journalist and author. He wrote many ballads and poems about Australian life. Paterson's more notable poems include "Clancy of the Overflow" (1889), "The Man from Snowy River" (1890) and "Waltzing Matilda" (1895), regarded widely as Australia's unofficial national anthem.
Australia's high security passport includes floating kangaroos and the words to Waltzing Matilda.

Sorry for your loss(es), but happy for your gain. 

We give them the best life we can...  and they love us in return, unconditionally.

Ed

Such nice comments from such nice folks!
This little pooch is a keeper!
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Soliver Pancake Mandolin

Great thread. Sad to hear your older one passed on but happy to know you gave a rescue mut a home.
Our Italian Greyhound, at 14, is finally showing his age so we decided to get a new pup while our guy is still strong enough to handle dealing with a pup. The new one (from a friend of the family) was just born so it'll be a couple months before he can come home. I'm going to have to "puppy proof" the whole house and recording studio. I pray the new one is as well behaved as my old dog was when he was little.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Condolences on your previous and congrats on the new. Here's hoping for a great life together.

A few years back, I had to put my buddy Rocky down due to seizures and brain tumor, broke me, cried like a baby and couldn't go through that again.
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
Forum VI, & "others"

Quote from: Rockysdad on August 04, 2022, 05:45:20 PM
Condolences on your previous and congrats on the new. Here's hoping for a great life together.

A few years back, I had to put my buddy Rocky down due to seizures and brain tumor, broke me, cried like a baby and couldn't go through that again.
This little pup has already worked wonders for the holes in our hearts. Puppy breath is medicinal. Someday maybe you'll have a change of heart and provide another dog that same loving life. They are a gift to our lives, and we to theirs.
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Soliver Pancake Mandolin

Congrats on the new pup. 

As StringPicker6 said, Banjo is a cool name for a dog, especially one of those little "yapper" dogs that weights a couple pounds and barks at everyone like he weights a hundred. 
:roll

Our first dog lived 14 years.  It was tough when we lost him.  Our second one, our old lab mutt, is now 13.  She's been the best dog ever.  Been tough watching her slow down.

Quote from: Silence Dogood on August 06, 2022, 05:47:18 AM
Congrats on the new pup. 

As StringPicker6 said, Banjo is a cool name for a dog, especially one of those little "yapper" dogs that weights a couple pounds and barks at everyone like he weights a hundred. 
:roll

Our first dog lived 14 years.  It was tough when we lost him.  Our second one, our old lab mutt, is now 13.  She's been the best dog ever.  Been tough watching her slow down.

Beautiful gaze from those soulful eyes your pooch is wearing. It is so hard to watch that inevitable decline, and my heart is with you. It's a journey I have done a few times now and will continue till my dying days. The return from them is so precious.
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Soliver Pancake Mandolin

Unfortunately, this sweet pup passed away yesterday from what is believed to be a parasitic infection known as coccidiosis. Most, if not all, of her litter have also passed. The breeder had no knowledge of this, I am sure. There is also the possibility that a new strain of parvo is responsible for a similar outbreak in parts of Michigan. 
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Soliver Pancake Mandolin

I'm so sorry to hear this.
Yet another loss for you to bear.
Very sad.

That really is sad news, once is more than enough, but to have to deal with a passing so soon again is much more than I could deal with, sorry for your loss.
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
Forum VI, & "others"

What an awful tragedy for you. I'm so sorry this happened... Take care of yourself, we'll all be thinking of you. 
Larrivee P-03
Epiphone USA Texan
2023  Larrivee L-09

Wow, sad deal.  Hang in there.

After consulting with our vet and massive sterilization efforts, including throwing out all the old beds and dog toys, and bleaching inside and out, we jumped back in the dog bowl. We also continued with the original plan of rescuing a dog, which we were lucky to do Sunday, saving a little girl dog from an uncertain fate at the dog pound. Meet Willie, the Goldendoodle and Lucy, the Little One. She was a matted mess when we got her.
The breeder of the first pup lost all her dogs to the as yet unknown mystery ailment.
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Soliver Pancake Mandolin

Congrats Riverbend, it's really nice that your family rescued those poor pooches.

I hope you folks have unlimited great times with them.
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
Forum VI, & "others"

Glad you gave it another go. Wishing all the best to you and the new pup.
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.