Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: John Hiatt, songwriter hero  (Read 86 times)
StringPicker6

Ignore
« on: July 05, 2022, 03:24:03 AM »

I know he’s been mentioned before in this forum (thanks search bar!), but I just want to state that John Hiatt is a master songwriter and should be way more popular than he is. If you haven’t heard it, I HIGHLY recommend his Last album with Jerry Douglas called Leftover Feelings.  Apparently, he used to play a larrivee, but not much info can be found on the interwebs.  I know he’s a big Gibson player publicly/while playing live.

Larrivee P-03
Larrivee OM-40R
Larrivee LV-03R Vine Special
Fender Vintera Road worn 50's telecaster
robwms

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2022, 04:13:36 AM »

He has written an amazing amount of material, lots of good stuff, but also some boring stuff - choruses repeated over and over and, dare I say it again, over! For example - I love you girl, love you girl. I love you girl, yes I love you girl, oh I love.....
I'm not sure who encouraged him to sing, he can be awfully hard to listen to at times.
However, there are moments - Crossing Muddy Waters, Feels Like Rain, Master of Disaster. And my all-time favorite: Down Around My Place, live at the Beacon Theatre in NYC. Of course Joe Bonamassa's solo had no influence, none...  rolleye

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIA-xlkWwoo

Rob

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee RS-4 Custom (Arctic White)
StringPicker6

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2022, 01:50:29 PM »

I’d agree with you on that, Rob. He’s put out a lot of albums, and you have to dig through some duds to find the gems. I have watched that Bonamassa video so many times! Fantastic video. But check out his latest, Leftover Feelings, if you haven’t heard it. It’s fresh and different from his other albums. 

Larrivee P-03
Larrivee OM-40R
Larrivee LV-03R Vine Special
Fender Vintera Road worn 50's telecaster
robwms

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 10:47:48 PM »

Thanks for the tip, I haven't heard Leftover Feelings yet. I'll check it out!

Rob

Larrivee D-05
Larrivee RS-4 Custom (Arctic White)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: