Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jerry Jeff Walker on YouTube  (Read 64 times)
StringPicker6

Ignore
« on: May 28, 2022, 04:00:42 AM »

Wife went out with friends tonight and I got the baby asleep by 8pm, so I spent my rare alone time watching old Jerry Jeff videos on YouTube.  What a singer and showman and all-around cool dude. Broke my heart when he died recently, but it’s fantastic having these old videos available.  Thanks internets! 

Larrivee P-03
Larrivee OM-40R
Larrivee LV-03R Vine Special
Fender Vintera Road worn 50's telecaster
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 12:52:08 PM »

Wife went out with friends tonight and I got the baby asleep by 8pm, so I spent my rare alone time watching old Jerry Jeff videos on YouTube.  What a singer and showman and all-around cool dude. Broke my heart when he died recently, but it’s fantastic having these old videos available.  Thanks internets! 

I just recently ordered a used vinyl copy of his 1972 masterpiece, "Jerry Jeff Walker". Great album. I saw him live in Minneapolis circa 1977 with The Lost Gonzos and it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. I loved Jerry Jeff. 
Frasier1

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 07:10:47 PM »

I've been a huge fan of JJW since the mid 70's.  I first saw him in concert in Canyon, TX in 1977 but unfortunately he was too drunk to perform.  Fortunately also there was Willie Nelson, Charlie Daniels Band, Asleep at the Wheel, Elvin Bishop, Rusty Weir, and another that escapes me.  I did get to see him again in 1995'ish and was superb.

I agree that we are fortunate to have the interwebs to see so many classics from yesteryear.  Just two nights ago I was watching 'Albert King & Stevie Ray Vaughn In Session 1983' that I had never seen!  So good.

headsup
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Today at 03:50:53 AM »

He came through Montreal, early seventies, I believe with David Bromberg.
 I was a fan, and I still sing "Little Bird" "Stoney" and "Gypsy Songman" from his early recordings, as I once did in the folk clubs in Mtl, back in the day.

Steve Earle's new release, is a tribute to the man.
 and we all know "mr. Bojangles" was the "mustang Sally" of the folkie clubs....

"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
 Too few brain cells to be bothered with...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: