My kids, and life, and moving on

Started by ryler, May 13, 2022, 07:29:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hi everyone,

Both of my kids graduated college today.  Each got a very respectable jobs.  Each will be moving out in no time.  I am so lucky to have raised such wonderful young men.  They didn't give me even a minute's worth of trouble.  And they gave me more joy than I can put into words.  One is an excellent guitar player.  The other is an excellent drummer and a painfully power chord-dependent guitar player!  (Metal is his genre.)   I could not be more proud and grateful.  This is the stuff of life.  The true glory.  The reason for it all.  Just thought I'd share.

Cathi

Well done!  Congrats all around.

Hopefully that's more time for playing guitar and relaxing for you.

Ed

That is wonderful; thank you for sharing.

My wife and I have four children: one is 21 and we now have only one under the age of 10.  I'm still wondering how all this went by so fast.  Our 21-year-old is a guitar player (owns a Larrivee, obviously!) and a fine singer.  He is a wonderful young man that I'm very proud of. 

Always uplifting hearing what we don't hear much of these days - a good news story. Congrats Cathi
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)

Thanks, everyone.  I have much to be grateful for.  Thanks for letting me share it with you.

Should have made at least one of them play accordion. They'd thank you eventually.   :cheers

Great post.
Happy for you and all your family, Cathi.
And you're wise to recognize your good fortune.
Too often we don't appreciate how good we have it.

Quote from: ducktrapper on May 15, 2022, 01:01:24 PM
Should have made at least one of them play accordion. They'd thank you eventually.   :cheers

I love this.

Encouraging to read this.  Well done Mom!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations Cathi,

It's so nice to hear some good news. As much as you appreciate them, I'm sure they (will someday) understand what you have given them.

Quote from: ST on May 18, 2022, 03:04:55 PM
Congratulations Cathi,

It's so nice to hear some good news. As much as you appreciate them, I'm sure they (will someday) understand what you have given them.

They may just hold the lack of accordion lessons against her. Kids can be funny that way.  :laughin:

Quote from: ducktrapper on May 18, 2022, 03:51:09 PM
They may just hold the lack of accordion lessons against her. Kids can be funny that way.  :laughin:

OMG, I have a new parenting obligation to my kids.  But if we're going to do this, we're going to do this right.  Accordion lessons wearing lederhosen...in public.

Quote from: ryler on May 21, 2022, 10:01:18 AM
OMG, I have a new parenting obligation to my kids.  But if we're going to do this, we're going to do this right.  Accordion lessons wearing lederhosen...in public.

Ja! Das un gut ting! Und beer!  :beer