Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2018 Larrivee 000-40 SOLD PLEASE REMOVE  (Read 75 times)
Deliberate1

Ignore
« on: May 11, 2022, 07:41:08 PM »

2018 Custom Build Larrivee 000-40RE 12 fret - $ 1800.00

I acquired this guitar in 2019 from Eric Ryan, a Larrivee-sponsored artist (https://www.larrivee.com/artists/eric-ryan). The “000-40R” in his bio is this guitar. To insure the best possible build, he worked directly with Jean Larrivee, who hand-selected the AAA cuts for the top, back and sides; the same grade used in the 60 series, a step up from the 40. What I can say is that the Austrian Moon Spruce and EIR are just beautiful. The top looks better than the one in the Larrive site promo image. It is virtually uniform in color and has lovely silking. Eric dressed up the headstock with a perfectly executed torch inlay which adds just the right amount of garnish, along with the etched tuning buttons. Eric no longer used the guitar once he took delivery of his Larrivee SD-60.

As noted, the guitar comes with a factory-installed LR Baggs Anthem. As I have never used it, I cannot comment on its status. But Eric told me it worked as expected when the guitar was sold to me. I am very fortunate to have had this as my first guitar. In the past three years, I have acquired others that overlap with the Larrivee. Hence, my decision to sell.

Visually, the guitar is in excellent cosmetic condition. There is a case top tooth bite as shown. There is also a tiny, nearly imperceptible indentation in the top that is hard to locate and impossible to photograph., as well as a tiny (appx 3mm) ding on the side. Structurally, perfect by my assessment. No cracks, splits, or separations. Always properly humidified and cased.

Today, I played the Larrivee for the first time a while. It surprised and impressed me, as it always does. And I have since acquired guitars from Froggy Bottom, Fairbanks. Martin, Webber and Huss and Dalton. This Larrivee stands shoulder to shoulder with all for them in build quality, and stands above most in volume. But it has a different voice. Pure, directed, focused, lyrical. Uniquely Larrivee

The current build price, without the special wood selection, approaches $3700. Yours for $1800, plus shipping and PP fees, if any. Feel free to reach out with any questions.

SPECS:
All the tone-woods on this guitar are AAA rated and Absolutely flawless cuts.
•Top: Austrian Moon Wood - Spruce
•B/S: East Indian Rosewood
•Binding: Flame Maple•Herringbone Rosette and body perfling
•Fingerboard: African Ebony
•Fingerboard diamond Inlays: Pearl
•Bridge: African Ebony
•Head-stock art: Abalone Torch
•Head-stock plate: African Ebony
•Neck (1 piece dove-tail): African Mahogany
•Bridge Pins: Bone•Saddle: Bone
•Nut: Bone •Pre Amp: LR Baggs Anthem Stage Pro - w/chromatic tuner (9v)
•Tuners: Open back 18:1 laser etched clover tuners (Gold/Silver)

Dimensions - See:https://www.larrivee.com/products/000-40r-legacy-series
See detailed images at: https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6999093#post6999093

Thanks for looking and feel free to reach out with any questions,
David
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: