FORUM III ANNIVERSARY

Started by tuffythepug, March 19, 2022, 12:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

With all the buzz about the Forum VI project I almost forgot the anniversary of the release of the first Forum III guitars.  March 19, 2009 I traveled to Vancouver along with Danny and several others to pick up our FIII guitars right off the bench the moment they were strung up. It was a great time for all who were there.  All the forum guitars are special and anyone who owns any of the six forum project guitars should consider themselves lucky.  I've owned several Larrivee guitars but this is one that will stay no matter what.  Here is #3 of 78....the all mahogany version with herringbone trim.   

The Firum III certainly gave me a bad case of FOMO.
Beautiful guitar, Tuffy.

Thanks for sharing, Tuffy. I wonder what lefties Paul McCartney (blackbird) or Elizabeth Cotton (freight train) would do with that guitar?

:nice guitar:
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Such a beautiful guitar...congrats to you and all that own one of these special instruments!

Cheers,

SS
Scott Southworth
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OOO-40R Custom
Larrivee OM-03 MT Custom
Larrivee D-10E
Larrivee OO-03MH
Taylor 910
Taylor GA-WS
Taylor GA-Custom Shop
Taylor 614CE
Taylor 315CE
Takamine EG523SC
Journey OF660M
Ibanez AW120ECERDV
Guild D25

You old-timers picked up your F-III guitars a couple years before I joined the forum, and five years before I had my first Larrivee. Took me awhile to figure what it was all about. Always thought of the F-VI as a continuation of the F-III legacy. The old F-III threads are cool to read, but the only time I've touched one was Danny's. Now 19 more of us have one of our own, inspired by what you accomplished back then with the F-III. I will be forever grateful.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

This thread reminds me of my frequent trips to Trinity Guitars back when Jim Holler was managing the Forum III project and I gained a healthy respect for both Jim and now Mike for leading this process from start to finish.

My recollection was that Jim was still operating the shop out of his house at the time. It was always an educational experience when he would show us his most recent wood acquisitions and projects he was working on at the time. His number one goal was not to sell you A guitar, it was to sell you THE guitar you were looking for.

Quote from: teh on March 20, 2022, 12:43:18 PM
This thread reminds me of my frequent trips to Trinity Guitars back when Jim Holler was managing the Forum III project and I gained a healthy respect for both Jim and now Mike for leading this process from start to finish.

My recollection was that Jim was still operating the shop out of his house at the time. It was always an educational experience when he would show us his most recent wood acquisitions and projects he was working on at the time. His number one goal was not to sell you A guitar, it was to sell you THE guitar you were looking for.

I met Jim and had lunch with him ad his daughter when we picked up our guitars in '09.  Without his assistance the FIII may not have ever seen the light of day.  He also gave us Trinity Guitar hats to commemorate the occasion.

Happy Anniversary Tuffy.

Fond memories of meeting the Forum III group and touring the Larrivée factory.

Wow, 13 years ago for the Forum III. Beautiful guitar.  I bought a L05MT for my son in 2010.  The guy I bought it from had  a Forum II if I recall correctly. He wasn't selling it, but let me play it for a while.  I prefer L bodies and dreads, but it was a great sounding guitar.
https://soundcloud.com/247hoopsfan

1971 Yamaha FG200 (My original guitar)
1996 Yamaha DW5S
2002 Yamaha LL500
1990 Goodall Rosewood Standard
2007 Larrrivee JCL 40th Anniversary
1998 Larrivee OM5MT
1998 Larrivee D10 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"
1998 Larrivee D09 Brazilian "Flying Eagle"

Quote from: tuffythepug on March 19, 2022, 12:47:03 PM
With all the buzz about the Forum VI project I almost forgot the anniversary of the release of the first Forum III guitars.  March 19, 2009 I traveled to Vancouver along with Danny and several others to pick up our FIII guitars right off the bench the moment they were strung up. It was a great time for all who were there.  All the forum guitars are special and anyone who owns any of the six forum project guitars should consider themselves lucky.  I've owned several Larrivee guitars but this is one that will stay no matter what.  Here is #3 of 78....the all mahogany version with herringbone trim.   
Happy forumversary, she's a beauty!
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

Still have my Forum III and I certainly will never let this one go.  It is a very special guitar.  Glad to see many of the original gang are still enjoying their FIII's too.

Jordan

LS-03MTHB Forum III (#19), RS-2 Sunburst