LA Guitar Custom orders - show of hands?

Started by jpmist, January 24, 2022, 08:17:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

During one of my rare check-ins with FaceBook I ran across yet another of LA Guitar's Custom orders which landed on the Larrivee FB group. This one made me drool as it was a Koa back and sides with a pyramid bridge and slothead. Yikes!

From what I can gather, around 2010 the LA Guitar guy (sorry can't recall his name) was apparently pretty fond of the OO model as he initiated several custom order OO's all short scale. I have two, an OOV spruce/mahogany and OO spruce/rosewood both of which have the silver headstock border and headstock logo inlay.

So, I'm just curious if anyone can fill in any more of the backstory on these as I'm wondering what the specs were on other custom orders he made and if anyone has ever come across any of them.

Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist

Ted, unless my mind is farther gone than I thought.  

I had one of the OOV-03's which was possibly one of the Forum runs or maybe a run he initiated.  Fantastic guitar, but I ended up preferring my O-01 parlor.  I sold the OOV and ordered the PV-03 I still have.

Ed

Quote from: eded on January 24, 2022, 09:54:22 AM
Ted, unless my mind is farther gone than I thought.  

I had one of the OOV-03's which was possibly one of the Forum runs or maybe a run he initiated.  Fantastic guitar, but I ended up preferring my O-01 parlor.  I sold the OOV and ordered the PV-03 I still have.

Ed

Wasn't yours 1 of 3 made on a special run as a challenge to Larrivee to create a cutaway on the OO?

My first Larrivee,,,it's rosewood.
A Hebrew, under the Spell
Pain is a good thing

Quote from: Bard on January 24, 2022, 10:29:41 AM
Wasn't yours 1 of 3 made on a special run as a challenge to Larrivee to create a cutaway on the OO?

I think they regularly make OOV's with most woods.  I think they may have sworn off PV-03's after making mine though.  LOL  I think whichever wood they are using as mahogany these days is especially tough to get that tight bend.

Ed