“Made in Canada” label ?

Started by Lumberjakob, January 02, 2022, 03:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Why are some older models labeled location as  simply " made in Canada". This is as opposed to the Victoria or the Vancouver British Columbia Canada labels.
Is it possible they were produced during the short stint that the plant was in North Vancouver before moving to Cordova street Vancouver?
I've searched the forum and internet for info but come up empty

:donut :donut2 :donut :donut2

LJ

Weren't early ones built in toronto?

Certainly were, started in '67.

On the Larrivée website you can see the labels and location history.
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
Forum VI, & "others"

Quote from: Lumberjakob on January 02, 2022, 03:02:03 AM

Why are some older models labeled location as  simply " made in Canada".

Do you have a picture of such a label or stamping? I've never seen one listed "made in Canada" without mentioning Victoria, B.C., Vancouver, etc.
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

Hi

thanks for all the replies, see the picture attached.

LJ

Quote from: Lumberjakob on January 04, 2022, 12:01:00 PM
Hi

thanks for all the replies, see the picture attached.

LJ

That's the same label from the Vancouver/BC era.

Also the same label that was used for the Forum VI.  :beer
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

The label appears to be same style as the Vancouver BC era ones but I find it weird that it just says "Made in Canada". Note this is not my guitar but one I was considering purchasing so I don't have the serial number so I don't know the build date etc.

LJ

Quote from: Lumberjakob on January 05, 2022, 11:14:50 AM
The label appears to be same style as the Vancouver BC era ones but I find it weird that it just says "Made in Canada". Note this is not my guitar but one I was considering purchasing so I don't have the serial number so I don't know the build date etc.

LJ

I would try and get the SN so you can find out a build date and that will give you more information on where in Canada it was built.

Toronto
Victoria
Vancouver
Canada
all gone now...
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

I'm curious also. My LV03 (ser# 112535: 8/18/2010) has the "Made in Canada" label and interested in the mfg site.

Quote from: headsup on January 09, 2022, 10:01:49 AM
Toronto
Victoria
Vancouver
Canada
all gone now...

Well, technically, Canada is still here.    :wink:

I'm wondering if the 'Made in Canada' label was during the early years when they were being built in Toronto. Potentially JL didn't think that the company would ever be in the USA, or even move to the west coast thus no need to list the city.

Quote from: Dawg4Reel on May 01, 2022, 10:11:46 PM
I'm curious also. My LV03 (ser# 112535: 8/18/2010) has the "Made in Canada" label and interested in the mfg site.

Larrivee opened its California operation in 2001 where it made all its gloss (Series 05's and up) leaving the satin guitars (series 03's and down) in its Canadian facility. In 2013 Larrivee closed its Vancouver site as no denying the US is its main customer. Tariffs through the U.S. tax system  and the cost of running two facilities were cited as the main reasons.
Larrivee Electrics - My Dream then and Now!!!!!<br /><br />Forum IV     00-03MT       #4      (Treasured)