Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do Larrivee satin finishes wear away/age?  (Read 507 times)
Silence Dogood

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2022, 04:16:26 AM »

How much DID you pay? 
$400 via local CL.  It was basically unplayed and case-kept all those years.  I offered the guy $400 as sort of a joke.  He thought I was serious and shook on it.  So my son’s first guitar (and last as far as he is concerned since he’s not a gear-head) was a Larrivee.
StringPicker6

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2022, 06:40:24 PM »

Amazing price! The larrivee gods were kind to you that day. And the seller wasn’t too smart. 

Larrivee P-03
Larrivee OM-40R
Larrivee LV-03R Vine Special
Fender Vintera Road worn 50's telecaster
jpmist

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2022, 12:55:29 AM »

If we're doing this I'll offer my 11 year old Italian Spruce with a similar aged Sitka(?) spruce along with a 2 year old spruce.

I've always liked the lightish yellow tinge to the Italian Spruce. These all stay out on stands depending on the rotation . . .

And to stay on topic, I'll join the chorus on "Nah, Larrivee's satin finishes are bullet-proof"

And finally to offer that I've read that one of the Larrivee sons likes naptha to clean a satin finish of anything plain old water can't get rid of. I was surprised to see the typical arm burnish of the lower bout disappear after using some denatured alcohol. Turned out it was just a few years worth of skin oils leaving a bit of gloss there. . .

Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Gretch 9521 • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist
StringPicker6

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2022, 02:26:34 AM »

Those are three beautiful guitars. I love the straight bridges on the smaller bodies, looks so clean.

Larrivee P-03
Larrivee OM-40R
Larrivee LV-03R Vine Special
Fender Vintera Road worn 50's telecaster
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: