The Beatles "Get Back" Peter Jackson movie

Started by Mikeymac, November 24, 2021, 07:49:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anyone else paying attention to this and watching for it (maybe it's already been released? I dunno).

I'm looking forward to seeing it; paints a much broader - and happier - picture of the band's final days and final album.

Here's a couple clips:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UocEGvQ10OE  (around 6 minutes)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=385eTo76OzA (around 2 minutes)

:guitar
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

I hope there's a non-Disney Channel way to watch.  I can't wait.  What I've seen so far blows my mind.

Ed

Would enjoy seeing it but I only have basic cable nor a cell phone to down load any app's.
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

I've watched the trailer and like Ed am hoping for a non subscription release.

Quote from: ducktrapper on November 24, 2021, 10:53:53 PM
I've watched the trailer and like Ed am hoping for a non subscription release.

Yeah, that would be me, too. Not gonna subscribe to Disney - even if that's the only way to see it.

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 24, 2021, 11:26:40 PM
Yeah, that would be me, too. Not gonna subscribe to Disney - even if that's the only way to see it.

It's got to come out on a DVD (if they still make those) eventually. After all wringing every last dollar out of the Beatles is still the goal!  :whistling:

I watched it last night (the first of three).  It was amazing... To be able to be in the room when they are creating the amazing songs that we all know by heart now.  This episode ended with George walking out and quitting The Beatles.  I can hardly wait to see the new one Tonight and the finale on Saturday.  I am not sure how else they are going to release the footage after the Disney run. 

Quote from: Mikeymac on November 24, 2021, 11:26:40 PM

I can get D+ for $8 a month it looks like since we are already signed up on HULU.  If there's no minimum (i.e. we can sign up for one month), I think I'll do it...  no matter how much I dislike the Disney empire.  Heck, $8 for three two hour movies?  You can't get a soda at a movie theater for that much. 

I like to think I'm not affected to marketing, but they really have sold me on this show.

Ed

Watched episode 1, loved it! Amazing watching the process used in writing...crazy seeing them woodshed songs that are now iconic parts of our collective musical memory is such a trip!

Cheers,

SS
Scott Southworth
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OOO-40R Custom
Larrivee OM-03 MT Custom
Larrivee D-10E
Larrivee OO-03MH
Taylor 910
Taylor GA-WS
Taylor GA-Custom Shop
Taylor 614CE
Taylor 315CE
Takamine EG523SC
Journey OF660M
Ibanez AW120ECERDV
Guild D25

I have Disney+ and thought about watching, but I much prefer the pre-hippie Beatles era.  I just thought the songs and melodies were much, much better during the suit-and-tie phase of their careers.   I have a Beatles songbook I drag out now and then and am constantly amazed at the chord progressions and arrangements of many of their earlier songs.  Brilliant stuff. 

Quote from: Silence Dogood on November 29, 2021, 09:05:51 AM
I have Disney+ and thought about watching, but I much prefer the pre-hippie Beatles era.  I just thought the songs and melodies were much, much better during the suit-and-tie phase of their careers.   I have a Beatles songbook I drag out now and then and am constantly amazed at the chord progressions and arrangements of many of their earlier songs.  Brilliant stuff. 

Of course, the whole point of the Let it Be sessions was to return to those times. Get away from all the studio wizardry and just do four on the floor again.

Have watched all three episodes. :cheers
Enjoyed it all.
Having been in a number of bands over the years, the most interesting aspect for me, is that they were going through the same sort of things that other bands go through.
Also have to wonder what drugs John was taking. :cheers
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K

Quote from: carruth on December 01, 2021, 12:33:22 AM

Also have to wonder what drugs John was taking. :cheers

I believe he was taking an Ono-pioid...

:rolleye:

Quote from: Mikeymac on December 03, 2021, 02:47:11 PM
I believe he was taking an Ono-pioid...

:rolleye:

I wonder if there is any truth to the rumor that in order to get Ono's permission to make the movie that they had to make her look good. Apparently, everyone who sees it remarks that they don't see any reason to believe that she was any problem or any cause of tension let alone breaking the band up.

One episode in...  more over the weekend.

Ed

:smile:
Thank you Mikey Mac that explains a great deal.
Larrivee:
P09
OM03
OMO3R
OMO5
LO2
LO3R
LO3W
LO3K