New to me OM60 SH

Started by Phil42, November 18, 2021, 05:50:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loving this guitar for sure. Plays great with a pick or with fingers. If this old man can ever figure out how to post a photo I will get one up.

Phil
Larrivee OM-60 SH
Beard Jerry Douglas Signature
Nechville Saturn
Kala Uke Bass
Kanile'a Super Tenor Ukulele
Samick L5 copy
Custom B Bender Tele

Quote from: Phil42 on November 18, 2021, 05:50:49 PM
Loving this guitar for sure. Plays great with a pick or with fingers. If this old man can ever figure out how to post a photo I will get one up.

Phil

When you finish writing your post, to attach pics, click "Additional Options..." underneath the box with your post in it. That gives you the option to add images (up to four images for each post).

Hope this helps... and congrats on a very nice Larrivee!

:nice guitar:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

:nice guitar: :donut :donut2 :coffee
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

Well now this is odd, All of my Apple devices save photos as .jpeg and I cannot find a method of saving them as .jpg. What fun.
Larrivee OM-60 SH
Nechville Saturn
Kala Uke Bass
Samick L5 copy
Custom B Bender Tele

Glad to hear how happy you are with it.  If you figure out the picture-posting thing, then you know we'll all envy the beauty of it.  Welcome aboard here.

one more time.

Larrivee OM-60 SH
Nechville Saturn
Kala Uke Bass
Samick L5 copy
Custom B Bender Tele

Very nice, enjoy it forever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
 Forum VI, & "others"

Well done on the picture posting.  A beautiful trio there.

Nice lineup there!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Remember when the music came from wooden boxes strung with silver wires...

OM-40 SB
Forum VI - LS-03 Moonwood/Walnut
Seagull S6

Welcome to the forum and Thanks for sharing; love the top and the slotted headstock plus the Venetian cutaway.

Please assure us that you don't keep this trio on that stand over the warm air floor vent when the furnace is running.

P.s. I have a 40 liter humidifier in my guitar room to keep a constant room temperature and relative humidity of 45-55%. I refill every 30-48 hours starting november 1st depending how much my furnace runs. This beats the larger humidifier I used to use that required multiple trips to the kitchen sink and back with a pitcher to fill the reservoir.

Thanks, the heater vent is closed and my room stays at 49% humidity and 69 degrees.

The cutaway is my old Samick L5 copy and is super for my jazz guitar work. The small body is my Taylor GS Mini Koa. I am seriously loving my Larrivee, it plays and sounds fantastic.

Phil
Larrivee OM-60 SH
Nechville Saturn
Kala Uke Bass
Samick L5 copy
Custom B Bender Tele

WOW! can you tell me the year ( serial Number)?
I have have the exact mate to this guitar from NAMM 2004.
I used it on a gig last night.

Of all my Larrivee's it's my regular "go to" guitar..
It appears you also have the pyramid bridge and enlarged sound hole.
Mine  has abalone around sound hole
congrats!
"Senior" member means "old" right?
Like over 50?

Too many guitars to list here.
Too few brain cells to be bothered with...

Very cool to see a litter mate! Mine is March 11, 2004. I play it daily even though I have several other guitars. This is my one and only Larrivee and at my age I can't imagine adding any more to the stable.

Phil
Larrivee OM-60 SH
Nechville Saturn
Kala Uke Bass
Samick L5 copy
Custom B Bender Tele

:nice guitar:

I scratched my head a moment about the "SH" part till I saw the pics and then slapped my forehead "Slothead!" Of course!

Slotheads were once an acquired taste until I acquired one myself (Taylor 322) and really like the look now. Also like the lighter headstock weight so the neck doesn't droop when I let go with my left hand.

THe sunburst is even classier when glossed. Larrivee does really nice SB. Used to have one, so I thought I'd offer my beauty shot of it.

Nice catch, hope you have years of enjoyment with it!

Larrivee OO-05 • Larrivee OOV-03 SS • Larrivee OO-44  • Taylor 322ce • Strat • Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/jpmist