My First Larrivee & hello 2 forum!

Started by mgood1845, October 19, 2021, 12:32:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

:donut :donut :donut2 :coffee :donut2 :donut

Well Group! This is my first post, Doughnuts for everyone above!

After much research and a whim, I purchased a 0-40-PD from Reverb. Most people would be turned away from the Padauk with its red color, but as a woodworker I was familiar with the wood, but not as a tone wood. And red is my favorite color, so I figured I would risk it!  But I can truthfully say even though this is a small body guitar, it sounds much better and more focused than the Seagull SWS and the all Koa G series Takamine acoustic I had been playing. I have played more acoustic guitar in the past week, than I have in my guitar playing hobbyist career. Needless to say, I wanted to reach out in the forums and see if anyone else has had a similar "the see the light" moment by getting a Larrivee.

Anyone else have a Larrivee with Padauk back and sides? What do you think?

I will post pictures of it when I get home, but this little guitar is so comfortable to play, it is honestly unbelievable; the sound matches what I always envisioned an acoustic to to sound like in my head! I am Beyond Thrilled!!!!

Welcome to the Larrivee Forum and thanks for the donuts - that makes you a member in good standing already!

I don't have a guitar with Padauk, although I've certainly been tempted a few times to order a Warmoth (electric) neck made from that wood...looks good.

I bought my first Larrivee almost 30 years ago, so I guess "I saw the light" then (in 1992, when I got my Larrivee OM-05, which I still have today...)

Also looking forward to the pics when you can add them!

I'm sure it's a
  :nice guitar:
2021 C-03R TE left-handed
Larrivee owner since 1992

:welcome: to the loonie bin  :wave :donut :donut :donut :donut
A REPAIRPERSON,Barefoot Rob gone to a better place
OM03PA.98 L10 Koa
Favorite saying
 OB LA DE OB LA DA,LIFE GOES ON---BRA,It is what it is,You just gotta deal it,
One By One The Penguins Steal My Sanity, Keith and Barefoot Rob on youtube
Still unclrob
12 people ignoring me,so cool
rpjguitarworks
Call PM me I may be able to help

Welcome aboard. I will be interested to see photos of your guitar because The Larrivee Family has an eye for wood and unusual combinations.
It looks like you found one too.

There are a nice bunch of friendly, knowledgable people on this forum and you can learn a lot by visiting. Be warned that this probably won't be your last Larrivee either; there are a lot of enablers here.

My first Larrivee was a special edition flamed maple parlor in 2004 and I ordered an LV03MT 12 string in late 2005 with a mahogany top and Venetian cutaway, bone nut and saddle with an arch top case. I am patiently waiting for an LSV03 with Moonwood spruce top, walnut back/sides and 12 frets that I ordered in June. My first two Larrivees have probably sold a couple dozen more to people who played mine, or played one that someone bought after playing mine.

:welcome: mgood,
:donut :donut :donut2 :donut2 :coffee

Congrats on the new Larrivée, enjoy it forever.

Have a few myself, Mahogany, Maple & Rosewood, and am also awaiting an LS-03 Walnut.
Looking forward to seeing the photos.
Herman.

L-10, L-03FM, OM-05
 Forum VI, & "others"

Welcome aboard.  My first, but certainly not the last, Larrivee was a parlor guitar too.  Looking forward to some pics of your unique guitar 👍😀

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Welcome!!  :nana_guitar
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

Congratulations and welcome! :donut :donut2 :coffee :coffee :cheers
Great guitars, and my 4th Larrivee guitar is being built! It's a special family of builders and owners.
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)

Have a coffee on me and enjoy the party! Welcome! :coffee
Remember when the music came from wooden boxes strung with silver wires...

OM-40 SB
Forum VI - LS-03 Moonwood/Walnut
Seagull S6

:wave Welcome! Thank you for the donuts!

We all look forward to seeing and hearing your guitar.

:donut :donut2 :coffee
1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

:coffee :coffee
Welcome to the forum.
I had to look up Padauk, cause I don't get out much..... very cool. Now I know more than I did before.
My "see the light" moment came when I played a used L-05 at a local store after trying many Larrivee guitars of various shapes and woods.
It spoke to me, I had to take it home. I did call my wife first. Anyhow that was pretty much almost exactly 7 years ago.
Not only did I like it right away, but that guitar helped to educate me on what I was hearing in a Larrivee, relative to other good guitar brands.
Now Larrivees are all I play, and I have more than one.
Mike
Larrivee OM-03, OM-03 laurel, OM-50, L-03 laurel, LSV-03 walnut (Forum VI)

I have no clue how to upload the photos they say the img is too big! And I took 8 good ones for you all!

Quote from: mgood1845 on October 20, 2021, 11:45:13 AM
I have no clue how to upload the photos they say the img is too big! And I took 8 good ones for you all!

You may need to edit your images and make then smaller first, then you should be able to download them here.

Alright I think I got it figured out! I have (8) photos so Its gonna be (2) posts! Hope you enjoy, and Let me know what you think! Even if you don't like it! Red is my favorite color so it won't hurt my feelings!

:cheers round #2

Let me know what you think!

What's not to like? Beautiful!!!

Love the headstock "torch" too!

Oh my! What a a gorgeous guitar you found!  :cheers :beer :nana_guitar

Wow! I just love it.

1977 Classical
2015 OO-40
2017 LV-10 50th Annniversary #2/50
2021 LSV-03 Forum VI
2023 Hatfield BJG Strong Tenor low G Ukulele #003

She's a beaut!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank You all for the kind words I am certainly in love with this guitar and.... I am already looking for another! :roll

What should my next body size / Shape be? I love small bodies because i have always felt a dread or om makes my shoulder feel awkward when playing, any Suggestions for a slight difference would be appreciated!

Does anyone own a Larrivee with the Italian Alpine Spruce tops? The tops that came from Cremona Italy! I'd love to hear what you think and see them! I wish i was smart enough to find the Larrivee brand before the folks at Wildwood Music retired, it looked like they had a bunch of unique Larrivees!

And a purdy one it is! Ah, but the sound...never heard a Larrivee I didn't appreciate.
Larrivee LS-03WL Forum VI Limited
Larrivee OM-40M
Larrivee O-01W
Martin 000-16
Washburn C80S
Espana Classical (made in Finland)
Eastman MD 504 Mandolin
Epiphone Olympic Solid Body Electric (1967)
Larrivee F-33 Mandolin (8/1/2008)
Soliver Pancake Mandolin
Larrivee A-33 (8/21/2009)