Larrivee P-03R Koa Bindings Italian Spruce LTD

Started by timpoole, September 18, 2021, 08:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hello, anyone have a guesstimate of value for the P-03R Limited? Can't find much info on it. In the past i saw some posts that said only 20-25 were made but cant verify since it's not numbered but i have contacted Larrivee to find out if they can disclose production numbers. Anyway guitar has some fret wear on top three B/E but plenty of life left. Guitar has a couple tiny blemishes & has a Pure Mini pickup. Any help will b appreciated. Thanks

You should be able to look inside the guitar and find the serial number.  You can enter that number on the page linked below and find out the date of manufacture...

https://www.larrivee.com/manufacture-date-lookup

I couldn't guess on value, but in my experience, an added pickup usually adds very little.  The Italian spruce and might up it a little, but I wouldn't depend on much.

Good luck

Ed

Larrivee is very prolific with special variations so that doesn't really add much if anything to the value. Electronics add about $100. Italian spruce adds about $100. The value of an 03 has fluctuated dramatically as of late. The pandemic inflated prices quite a bit, but that may be relaxing. I see a Koa backed P03 recently sold for $900 on the second hand market, and that's about where I'd expect this one to sell right now (a shop will naturally charge a bit more).
D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.

I would say somewhere between $900 and $1,100.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk