Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Can't PM someone who PMed Me Because I don't have enough posts :-(  (Read 152 times)
kennyschiff

Ignore
« on: September 06, 2021, 03:13:19 PM »

I understand that running forums is voluntary and difficult in this age of internet predators, but I find myself in a predicament whereby someone PMed me, and I have no way of PMing them back. I may have found that same user on another site, so he may contact me; however, this is kind of an absurd situation. Short of me posting a bunch more times (I had 2 posts, and I guess this counts as a 3rd) is there a way around this?
ducktrapper
Donuts?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 03:24:27 PM »

Bring donuts. Post seven more times.   
B0WIE
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 05:29:43 PM »

"Absurd"? It's to protect forum members from bots and spammers. Isn't it only like 10 posts required? If so, they're not asking a whole lot.

D-09 Brazilian w/ Eagle inlay. D-02-12
Used to own and love; SD-50, J70 maple Mermaid, SD60sbt, D03R, LV03E.
mike in lytle
Gold Member

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2021, 02:01:49 AM »

This forum has "for sale" listings but not with all kinds of protective mechanisms like Facebook Marketplace or Reverb.
No one is deliberately trying to make you suffer. Our safeguards are primitive.
Too bad about the minimum number of posts, but work around it. I mean, you haven't read any rules, I guess. Or imagined the Larrivee Forum would even have any rules?
Anyhow, just post your email in this forum in a weird way, like, "yourname_at_gee_male_dot_com" and even a moron could figure that out.
Mike
tuffythepug
Global Moderator

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2021, 04:38:32 AM »

You've been a member over 2 years here and yet no posts until someone tried to contact you today.    At this rate you will be able to post personal messages sometime in 2025   
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: